If you had 3 wishes for the Sabres for this offseason...

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
OK, lets assume that the Sabres finish 30th and a genie granted you three wishes for the Sabres offseason.

What would they be?

Mine would be:

1 - The Sabres win the draft lottery and get McDavid
2 - Mike Babcock is hired as the new head coach
3 - Murray trades for Ryan O'Reilly

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
1)Connor McDavid or Jack Eichel.

2)An established coach (Julien, Babcock or McLellan)

3)Sam Reinhart gains 8-10 pounds of muscle

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
OK, lets assume that the Sabres finish 30th and a genie granted you three wishes for the Sabres offseason.

What would they be?

Mine would be:

Where does RoR fit if we draft McDavid. Obviously next year it's easy to start one of our Centers on the wing in favor of him but what about after? I love RoR as a player but he's a delicate situation and all rumors point to him needling lots and lots of coddling. If it's really true that he soured on contract negotiations because Landeskog was given captaincy over him and that he wants to be a big fish on the team then I'm not so sure he would sign an extension on a team that just drafted McEichel and has Girgensons and Reinhart as well. But then again all signs point to him being a tremendous teammate so who knows.

fing0rz

Nov 29, 2006
Buffalo, NY
www.justin.tv
1. Toronto wins the lottery and trades the first pick to the Sabres for their second pick. But the wording is confusing and Toronto really traded their #1 for sabres second first around pick, not the second overall.
2. McDavid
3. Eichel

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
1. Bucky Gleason gets fired
2. Mike Harrington gets fired
3. If 1&2 happen, I don't even care if I have a third wish

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Where does RoR fit if we draft McDavid. Obviously next year it's easy to start one of our Centers on the wing in favor of him but what about after? I love RoR as a player but he's a delicate situation and all rumors point to him needling lots and lots of coddling. If it's really true that he soured on contract negotiations because Landeskog was given captaincy over him and that he wants to be a big fish on the team then I'm not so sure he would sign an extension on a team that just drafted McEichel and has Girgensons and Reinhart as well. But then again all signs point to him being a tremendous teammate so who knows.

O'Reilly can play on the wing, too.

Given injuries and chemistry issues, I wouldn't be worried about having too many guys with C/W flexibility.

And as far as the contract thing, that is another thing that O'Reilly has in common with Chris Drury.

Just look at all the talk that Drury being a hard bargainer at contract time led to his trade to Calgary. Murray has a relationship with O'Reilly's agent. If he trades for him, I would expect an extension is done.

And if O'Reilly gets paid, he'll be happy and productive.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda

What would they be?

Mine would be:

perfect list lol :nod:

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future

What would they be?

Mine would be:

I read the thread title and picked my three, saw your first post and ya know...i have nothing more to add here :)

Bps21*

1. Draft one of those 2 guys. I've put so much into watching them trying to secure one of them whichever I get is fantastic with me.

2. Have Nolan and Hodgson get to inform each other that they are fired/bought out

3. The buffalo news folds

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
1) Draft McDavid

2) Trade up into the mid teens and draft a guy that has fallen somewhat.

3) Enjoy the fact that the tear-down portion of the rebuild is over, and the return to relevance can commence.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
1. Win lottery / Draft McDavid
2. Acquire more established talent
3. See Reinhart grow stronger/faster

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
1. Draft McDavid, back to juniors
2. Reinhart to the AHL
3. Re-sign Benoit, Meszaros, Strachan
4. Finish last again!
5. #DontGoFullEdmonton

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
I will ignore the draft because that is going to happen and we don't need to wish for it.

1. Trade the other 1st rounder and something for veteran help

2. Sign a goalie who can help this team win now

3. I'm torn here but, hire a new head coach who wants to work with young players and who has had success in the past doing so.

(signing good veteran 5/6 defensemen is a close 4th)

(Have Samson Reinhart super motivated all summer and show up strong and ready to dominate)

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
1) A top-2 pick
2) sign Sekera
3) Trade for Oreilly

2 and 3 are interchangeable. I ranked signing Sekera higher because he wouldn't cost any assets besides money.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
1.) McEichel
2.) Fire Nolan, bring in someone with a noted history of working well with a young roster
3.) Murray trades for a younger veteran C/W who can help us right the ship ASAP.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
As others said, the draft outcome is all but in the bag, so...
1. I save Terry and Kim Pegula from a burning building and am gifted FNC Sabres season tickets in appreciation.
2. I win the lottery and retire so I can attend all home and most road games.
3. P. Kane/J. Toews, Stamkos, and Lundqvist traded to BUF for woefully inadequate future considerations.

The above happens, I don't care whose coaching. Even Nolan couldn't mess that up.

dunwoody_joe

Mar 16, 2002
atlanta
Visit site
1. Wash the stink off this season by drafting McDavid.
2. Announce a price reduction for all tickets as a way of saying "thanks for your tolerance" to the fans.
3. Hire a proven coach who promises a Cup parade within 3 years.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
OK, here goes...

1) The Sabres finish 30th, win the lottery and "With the first pick of the 2015 draft, The Buffalo Sabres a proud to select... From the Erie Otters of the OHL, Connor McDavid."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) The Avalanche and Ryan O'Reilly get into another pissing match, resulting in GMTM placing a phone call to Burnaby Joe...

To :avs

D Nikita Zadarov
F Mikhail Grigorenko
Conditional 2016 3rd RND pick

To :sabres

W/C Ryan O'Reilly (COL allows 72hr negotiating session to come to an 'agreement in principle')

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) Mike Babcock re-signs w/ Detroit, however Dan Bylsma is named the 17th head coach in Sabres history - he then names recently fired Mike Foligno as one of his assistants...

BONUS) Sabres also sign Boston College goaltender Matt O'Connor to a 3-yr ELC

ZeroPT*

Zad+Grigorenko for ROR? jesus.

Grigo+1st+ a B prospect like Baptiste or something

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad