If you could trade your owner...

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
...would you and for who?

For your main team, if you could exchange your owner for another sports team owner, who would that be? Would it be another hockey owner or an owner of a non-hockey franchise?

For me in LA, I have no complaints with the Kings owner. There was talk that he would sell the team after the Cup in a "mission accomplished" sell high move. I'm happy he's stuck with us.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Nashville has some of the best ownership in NA sports, so absolutely not.

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
Jeffrey Vinik for me. Also, what would Winnipeg be without Chipman? There's another solid one...

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Our owners saved us from becoming Coyotes East, don’t meddle, have lots of money and are almost always drunk at public events. They rule.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
MLSE was a meddling kid but now that they're hands off they're good. I guess I'd trade them for Vinik though considering that's a long term guarantee on no more meddling

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Give me Bill Gates, the philanthropist.

Not sure he cares about my cable bill or my internet speed, but he's probably funding some schools and medicine for people who really need it.

Maybe he can set a bit aside to make sure the Leafs can compete.

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
Jeffrey Vinik for me. Also, what would Winnipeg be without Chipman? There's another solid one...

Winnipeg would probably just be in search of another team president to handle operations for the actual owner

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Kroneke isn't great but he has deep pockets and doesn't meddle. Watching the tire fire in Montreal and Ottawa has made me appreciate him more.

I hope to god he wouldn't ever consider moving the team to a major market like he did with the Rams. He does have deep pockets but he's also an ass hole.

Reactions: double5son10
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
I would love to have community ownership à la the Green Bay Packers. No fears of relocation, no money grubbing every last cent possible since profits are all either reinvested in the team or go to local charities. No fear of what happens when your current good owner sells the team or passes on. Cities are already building arenas for teams, may as well just buy the team outright and reap all the rewards directly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad