If you could switch places with Big Daddy Gary for a day...

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
1. Fire Parros, hire a non goon, and work to improve the transparency and consistency of the DOPS.

2. Introduce the 3-2-1 point system

3. Rewrite the goalie interference rules to make them more clear.

4. Add more referee oversight to force the refs to call the game the same for all players. Hooking/slashing/etc doesn’t become a “crafty veteran play” once you reach a certain age. Call it. And if you have to keep calling penalties because teams can’t figure out how else to stop McDavid/MacKinnon/etc, so be it. It’s not the refs job to make things easier for opponents because certain players are much better/faster.

5. Make puck over the glass penalties reviewable (there’s no judgement involved. It’s either tipped or not, so there’s no reason not to)

6. reintroduce coach/GM hiring compensation with the obvious condition that you don’t give compensation for hiring someone after they’ve been fired (which everyone was calling for, but Bettman ignored)

DowJones

Aug 30, 2008
1. Sign up for the Olympics until year 2120.

2. Move SCF final back to may, either by cutting down regular season games or starting the season earlier.

3. 3 point system.

4. Get rid of all power breaks

5. Further restrict size of goalie equipment

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
For 1 day? I probably could not do much. Maybe try to unload his bank account

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Eliminate back to backs, and shorten the regular season (in terms of games played).

Of course, there are also external sources at play, and the players/owners will not entertain anything that means less revenue.

I'm just speaking from a quality of product point of view.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I wouldn't bother moving nets one foot back.

A few things off the top of my head:
- I would change the playoff format to the 1-8 conference format.
- Allow NHLers to go to the Olympics.
- Hold refs accountable - analyse the reffing after each game like the NBA does
1. Fire Parros, hire a non goon, and work to improve the transparency and consistency of the DOPS.

2. Introduce the 3-2-1 point system

3. Rewrite the goalie interference rules to make them more clear.

4. Add more referee oversight to force the refs to call the game the same for all players. Hooking/slashing/etc doesn’t become a “crafty veteran play” once you reach a certain age. Call it. And if you have to keep calling penalties because teams can’t figure out how else to stop McDavid/MacKinnon/etc, so be it. It’s not the refs job to make things easier for opponents because certain players are much better/faster.

5. Make puck over the glass penalties reviewable (there’s no judgement involved. It’s either tipped or not, so there’s no reason not to)

6. reintroduce coach/GM hiring compensation with the obvious condition that you don’t give compensation for hiring someone after they’ve been fired (which everyone was calling for, but Bettman ignored)

100% agree with everything in both of these posts. Excellent posts.

Reactions: Llamamoto49

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad