• Fire both Adams and Granato

• Fire Adams, keep Granato

• Fire Granato, keep Adams

• Keep both Adams and Granato

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I'm not defending Adam's last 2 summers. Both were failures to me.

If you want a President of Hockey Ops, I'm all for it.

I think firing Adams right now is a mistake. A massive one. Adams built this pipeline. It's still strong. I want him to be accountable for it. Not for another jack-off to come in and tell us he's on a 5-year plan to get the Sabres back to the playoffs.

Adams has this summer and next season for me. After that will depend on 24-25's result. His 5-year plan will be at year 5.
I think there are 2 maybe 3 course corrections needed. No tear down. No scorched earth. I just don't feel Adams has the ability to acknowledge he may have made a mistake. He hasn't shiwn it to date. A smart hockey person will see the same and that there are a few painful moves needed. Again not a teardown. But I question whether KA has the inteeligence to see it.

Reactions: Irie and Zman5778

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I think there are 2 maybe 3 course corrections needed. No tear down. No scorched earth. I just don't feel Adams has the ability to acknowledge he may have made a mistake. He hasn't shiwn it to date. A smart hockey person will see the same and that there are a few painful moves needed. Again not a teardown. But I question whether KA has the inteeligence to see it.
That's why I want to hear his plan.

Because right now, I don't see one. Trading Mitts for Byram in a vacuum is fine value........but there's got to be more moves coming behind it that brings missing pieces to the forward corps and defense.

If his plan is "accumulate young talent and eventually it'll grow into a winner"........he's out the door before he finishes the sentence.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I hesitate on firing Adams only due to the inevitable calamity that will ensue when Pegula tries to find a replacement, and when that replacement then wants to throw the baby out with the bathwater so we look at rebuild #(I forget how many). And I want to kick Adams in his fake smile for the Mitts trade.

Reactions: Irie

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I hesitate on firing Adams only due to the inevitable calamity that will ensue when Pegula tries to find a replacement, and when that replacement then wants to throw the baby out with the bathwater so we look at rebuild #(I forget how many). And I want to kick Adams in his fake smile for the Mitts trade.
The Sword of Damocles

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
They’d both be fired before I finished signing the purchase papers. Mid signing. Ink hits paper they hit the f***ing streets.

Adams is a humiliating failure who doesn’t understand anything about team building. Granato wouldn’t keep his job in juniors with how his season has gone.

Neither of these guys gets one look from 31 other organizations if they are canned for the jobs they have. I don’t mean now. I mean ever. Why in the world would I want them here? How is it good enough for anyone here? How can you “want to talk to Adams about his plan”. He’s shown it to you. He’s been here for four f***ing years.

BuffaloMango

Mar 14, 2023
If Adams can actually land Brind’Amour based on their relationship I let him. Then I hire a POH and a ton more scouts. Inevitably Adams likely gets canned after that.

If he can’t I fire everybody and hire a POH and a bunch more scouts.

In both scenarios I stay home and count my money all day.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If Adams can actually land Brind’Amour based on their relationship I let him. Then I hire a POH and a ton more scouts. Inevitably Adams likely gets canned after that.

If he can’t I fire everybody and hire a POH and a bunch more scouts.

In both scenarios I stay home and count my money all day.

Friedman and Marek have mentioned that the deal is done, RBA is simply waiting to sign until his assistants are taken care of. Outside of Carolina stepping on themselves in the first round, I don't see any way that doesn't get done.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
Voted both but would need to know how much the internal budget hampered KA these past few years before making the decision on him. Not that hes been amazing on said budget. He extended Granato before it was needed and now he’s stuck with him if said budget exists and his value extensions for players are not aging as well as we hoped. So hes on the fence to say the least

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I fire Granato and staff immediately. I immediately hire like 5 more scouts.

I then have an intense, detailed discussion with Adams. I want his vision/plan. If, as I think, he doesn't really have a plan....he's gone.
I'm going to guess that Adams is right where he expected to be at this point. He has to be. He's done little to change the course of things. Performance is not where it should be. And hey, we all appreciate Donnie as a human but he's simply not getting results.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
I swear half the Terry P posts I see say he controls everything and big decisions go through him and he needs to step aside. The other half say we need an owner that cares and is involved, spends the loot and improves the team on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.

Which is it?

rams

Feb 2, 2015
Canada
Start with Granato and staff gone. But Adams has to make moves. He has to hire a coach who actually wants to win, eg Gallant, and add players who want to win. If Adams wants to stay the course with the super-soft youngest team in the league... he goes next.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Granato and his entire staff should 100% fire, Adams too, for good measure, but this will not happen. Therefore, they must find an experienced POHO and a good coach, there are options in the market. Next, Adams, under the leadership of POHO, must make several trades so that this team takes a step forward and the plan is visible.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
The problem with firing Adams is inevitably we’re going to get another GM who will want 1 or 2 seasons to “evaluate” and who will feel like they have a clean slate and not be under pressure.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I selected ‘fire both’ but honestly, I don’t even care anymore. They’ll need to make the playoffs for me to commit any more of my energy. It’s unforgivable what Terry has done to this franchise. I don’t even know if I still like hockey.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The problem with firing Adams is inevitably we’re going to get another GM who will want 1 or 2 seasons to “evaluate” and who will feel like they have a clean slate and not be under pressure.

Did Treliving evaluate in Toronto? Dubas in Pittsburgh? Trotz? No. There is no need to sit around wasting time.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Not interested in firing Adams. I generally like the roster he's built, I can understand the reasoning for his more unpopular moves, and it's clear that the ownership has limited his options ("no retention" on Okposo anyone?). Flawed rosters make the playoffs all the time, this year alone there are going to be multiple teams with blatantly worse rosters than us making it in our conference.

I also had a lot of goodwill built up for Granato but it's clearly time to do something else. There are good experienced options on the market and we should get one after the season ends.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

I think firing Adams right now is a mistake. A massive one. Adams built this pipeline. It's still strong. I want him to be accountable for it. Not for another jack-off to come in and tell us he's on a 5-year plan to get the Sabres back to the playoffs.

Adams has this summer and next season for me. After that will depend on 24-25's result. His 5-year plan will be at year 5.

Adams built a good pipeline...at the expense of the roster.

Last summer/this season should absolutely be the last straw.

1. Refused add a goalie last summer.
2. Refused to make any changes to the forward group, despite knowing Quinn would miss significant time and that the coach was absolutely done with Olofsson.
3. Forced a 1st year pro goalie to be the starter.
4. Had an 18 year old play a significant role after a 9 game stint yielded 2 goals and 3A in 9 games....and all of those happened in 2 games.
5. Traded their top scoring center for another LHD when you are already paying 2 of them 20M next season.

Reactions: kirby11

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Not interested in firing Adams. I generally like the roster he's built, I can understand the reasoning for his more unpopular moves, and it's clear that the ownership has limited his options ("no retention" on Okposo anyone?). Flawed rosters make the playoffs all the time, this year alone there are going to be multiple teams with blatantly worse rosters than us making it in our conference.

I also had a lot of goodwill built up for Granato but it's clearly time to do something else. There are good experienced options on the market and we should get one after the season ends.

Why on Gods earth would Florida ask for retention when they didn't need to? Just so they can give up a better draft pick? ..

This makes zero sense.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Adams built a good pipeline...at the expense of the roster.

Last summer/this season should absolutely be the last straw.

1. Refused add a goalie last summer.
2. Refused to make any changes to the forward group, despite knowing Quinn would miss significant time and that the coach was absolutely done with Olofsson.
3. Forced a 1st year pro goalie to be the starter.
4. Had an 18 year old play a significant role after a 9 game stint yielded 2 goals and 3A in 9 games....and all of those happened in 2 games.
5. Traded their top scoring center for another LHD when you are already paying 2 of them 20M next season.
# 2 and 5 were bad mistakes, the others much less so. The goaltending was not an issue this season and in fact was a strength. If we had got this level of goaltending last season we make the playoffs easy. Keeping Benson up was not a mistake, he has been one of our better forwards regardless of what the stat sheet says and is an NHL quality player.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Forget Adams and Granato, the first person out the door would be Dunleavy.
Harsh! I keep hoping he’ll improve like Rayzor has, but so far it’s not happening.

Imagine needing 5 year to get to the playoffs. I just can’t fathom how this is acceptable by anyone, in any sport. Much less hockey, when it’s super easy to make the playoffs by dumb luck.

Reactions: kirby11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad