If/When the Playoffs Start

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Most businesses trying to start back up are not essential. Should we let them operate?

Geez KB I don’t often disagree with you not sure I agree with this.
People need to make a living and ALL businesses provide the means to do so.
Sports would be a welcome distraction and seeing pretty much every place is reopening in one form or another.... might as well include sports I suppose.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Sports would be a welcome distraction and seeing pretty much every place is reopening in one form or another.... might as well include sports I suppose.
Couldn’t you say so let’s provide athletes and others a chance to make a living? Granted with concessions and everything else closed the only ppl who make money is coaches and players and if they haven’t put any of their many millions aside to last 4 months....

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
For me it is Laine. I think Scheif will be the centre of any playoff success, but for me it will be Laine's ability to carry the 2nd line that will be required for us to have a deep run. If we can get to the point where we can force offense down the oppositions throat, and our defense can hold the fort and Helly has his A game we can compete with anyone.

I'm not necessarily looking for Laine to carry the 2nd but I think the second line is the key to any success we have.
I'm hoping something magical happens down the middle, regardless of whoever ends up being our 2nd line center.
I'm still holding out for Little to make a surprise return, 100% healthy and ready to go - if that were to happen, he's the guy I'm watching.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I can't wait to see Buff carry our team to victory, damn . :( I want Little back but i was liking how Eakin was starting to mesh with Laine and Ehlers.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The whole phase 2 thing imo was largely to do with catching the asymptomatic players and getting them recovered ahead of training camp.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Without going back I think that was my counter point to the discussion I was having. You can draw a pretty ridged line saying what is essential, but that would leave most of us without a source of income. Of course the NHL isn't essential but it does provide a source of income for 1000's of people far beyond just hockey players. Most of those people would consider being able to pay their bills as essential.

Reactions: surixon

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I hope I am wrong, but I don't see Playoffs this year. Coronavirus is taking off again in 'Merica because, you know, it's a hoax (for the guy in charge). I think sports is doomed for the foreseeable future.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Without going back I think that was my counter point to the discussion I was having. You can draw a pretty ridged line saying what is essential, but that would leave most of us without a source of income. Of course the NHL isn't essential but it does provide a source of income for 1000's of people far beyond just hockey players. Most of those people would consider being able to pay their bills as essential.
Sounds like I misinterpreted the post.. so I guess we agree in principle
Cheers

Reactions: KingBogo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad