If/When the Playoffs Start

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Which player are you waiting to see play the most...Helle doesn't count...sorry.

I want to see Scheif the most. We need Scheif to domintae the way he did a couple of seasons ago when he was on that record setting pace for goals in the playoffs.
Make it hard for Calgary to control/contain him.
Knowing how he keeps care of himself, he will be in great shape and raing to go.
We need Scheif to lead. Show us the future captain everyone is talking about. On and off the ice.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
I guess I'm most interested in seeing more of DeMelo. I want to see him in the playoffs to be sure that he can be the answer for the top pair with JMo. (Assuming we can get him extended)

I'm also looking forward to Ehlers putting up some points to shut up all the doubters.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I guess I'm most interested in seeing more of DeMelo. I want to see him in the playoffs to be sure that he can be the answer for the top pair with JMo. (Assuming we can get him extended)

I'm also looking forward to Ehlers putting up some points to shut up all the doubters.
I really want to see DeMelo signed. He helped our D lineup/roster a lot.
Ideally, DeMelo would be our 2RHD but I think I have read that he played big minutes in OTT with ? and made that player better.
Anyone think we see Slamberg paired with DeMelo in a couple 3 years? Probably both on the PK before that assuming DeMelo re-signs.
What would REALLY be sweet if JMo and DeMelo were our 2nd pairing!

It'd be great to see Ehlers put some in the net in the playoffs...Put Laine on the point and replace the D man with Ehlers down low on the PP as well.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
For me it is Laine. I think Scheif will be the centre of any playoff success, but for me it will be Laine's ability to carry the 2nd line that will be required for us to have a deep run. If we can get to the point where we can force offense down the oppositions throat, and our defense can hold the fort and Helly has his A game we can compete with anyone.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
It would be cool to see someone like Appleton or Copp go on a tear reminiscent of “Druce is Loose” in the 1989-90 playoffs With 14 goals in 15 games :naughty:

Getting that kind of secondary scoring from an unexpected player could mean a long playoff run so long as the “stars” don’t go cold.

Reactions: ryerockarola

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It would be cool to see someone like Appleton or Copp go on a tear reminiscent of “Druce is Loose” in the 1989-90 playoffs With 14 goals in 15 games :naughty:

Getting that kind of secondary scoring from an unexpected player could mean a long playoff run so long as the “stars” don’t go cold.
Except they would need to play in the top 6 and #1 PP and that really isn't possible unless we have significant injuries which would in turn sink the ship.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Except they would need to play in the top 6 and #1 PP and that really isn't possible unless we have significant injuries which would in turn sink the ship.

I was too young to remember specifics, but was Druce actually playing top 6 after an 8 goal regular season or only after catching lightning in a bottle in the post season?

If he was a top 6 player that Washington team must have been really thin on talent up front.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Considering how they have been ridden so hard in previous seasons, I'm interested in seeing how well rested Scheif/Wheeler play in the playoffs.

Reactions: DRC

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I am looking forward to seeing how Morrissey and Lowry look after the layoff. Both imo were playing injured this past year and the break should do each a lot of good.

Both will be counted on to neutralize the other teams top scorers so both being at the top of their games is crucial.

On the top 6 front I think its Ehlers year to break through and translate his elite play driving into goals and points in the playoffs.

Reactions: DRC and Tommigun

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Austin Matthews tests positive for COVID, 20% of Arizona residents tested have COVID, Virus spiking In places like Florida, Arizona, Nevada and Texas, sounds like the perfect time to start the NHL playoffs eh “litte” Gary!:sarcasm:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Austin Matthews tests positive for COVID, 20% of Arizona residents tested have COVID, Virus spiking In places like Florida, Arizona, Nevada and Texas, sounds like the perfect time to start the NHL playoffs eh “litte” Gary!:sarcasm:
All sports are trying to start back up across the world. Just like we are seeing a wide range of businesses across the world that are trying to find a way to operate. It is how everyone associated with them makes a living. Pro athletes are rich but they only make up a small percentage of people who make a living off sports. Going to a restaurant in most parts of the world if likely far more dangerous then it is to play hockey in a bubble. Restaurants aren't essential services but they employ millions of people. Should all these businesses cease to exist?

In terms of hockey we have just seen the blood letting in Buffalo in the name of saving money. These types of moves will only continue to grow the longer hockey is not played.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
All sports are trying to start back up across the world. Just like we are seeing a wide range of businesses across the world that are trying to find a way to operate. It is how everyone associated with them makes a living. Pro athletes are rich but they only make up a small percentage of people who make a living off sports. Going to a restaurant in most parts of the world if likely far more dangerous then it is to play hockey in a bubble. Restaurants aren't essential services but they employ millions of people. Should all these businesses cease to exist?

In terms of hockey we have just seen the blood letting in Buffalo in the name of saving money. These types of moves will only continue to grow the longer hockey is not played.

hockey and sports in general are not essential, I don’t want COVID clueless Merikins coming up here, pro hockey player or not, not worth the risk!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
hockey and sports in general are not essential, I don’t want COVID clueless Merikins coming up here, pro hockey player or not, not worth the risk!

Very few things are actually essential these days but they are up and running anyhow. I have no idea why it wouldn't be the same for pro sports. Very few people people are against a bunch of these places being open even though the workers and clientele are at risk of getting the virus. But suddenly Mathews gets it and its panic and oh no we have to shut everything down. Talk about double standards. Mathews is a person just like anyone else. If you are concerned about his health you should be concerned about everyone's and just shut everything down until this thing magically goes away.

It simply comes down to the same thing as for all those other businesses and that is money. If you don't expect a number of non essential businesses to be able to survive shutting down operations until a vaccine is found then I have no idea why you'd treat pro sports any different. The entertainment industry can't survive years of zero revenue. They want to come back to salvage the remaining TV revenue. They also want to push next season back as long as possible in the hopes medicine and vaccines allow for people in the stands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad