*IF* we make the playoffs who do you want to play in round 1?

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
What's with this 'IF' and 'don't want to jinx it' crap? ;)

Don't worry, Habs are in the playoffs. No way they miss right now. East is weak, 90 or 91 points will be enough. We are on pace for almost 100 and just got better while some of the teams trailing us did not.

With that being settled :)sarcasm:), it looks like we're going to play Tampa or Toronto (2nd vs. 3rd in Atlantic). And I want Toronto!

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Anybody but Philly. We just can't beat Flyers no matter what. If Flyers don't make playoffs anything is possible for Habs.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Round 1?

Only four team I thinks we might face

Bos or Pitts if we finish out of the top 3 in division (ie Wild card)
TB or Toronto if we finish 2 or 3 in division.

All tuff matchups... I'd love to FINALLY see a MTL-TOR playoffs round. would be insane.

We are not winning the division IMO.

Detroit is still a possibility, no ? They can finish #3 (passing both Toronto and TB) and play against us (#2). The chance is slim though.

Jazzped

May 16, 2013
Montréal
Geez Louise.

He's not a Bruins-killer, he's an Atlantic-Crusher

I had to check.

Boston : 61pts in 53gp
Tampa Bay : 40pts in 35gp
Toronto : 48pts in 49gp
Florida : 30pts in 32gp
Montreal : 38pts in 53gp
Ottawa : 36pts in 51gp
Detroit : 5pts in 12gp
Buffalo : 0pts in 0gp

Based on the Vanek Effect® , it's clear we have to face either Boston or Tampa Bay :sarcasm:. Based on the current standings, my choice is Tampa.

PricePkPatch*

I had to check.

Boston : 61pts in 53gp
Tampa Bay : 40pts in 35gp
Toronto : 48pts in 49gp

Florida : 30pts in 32gp
Montreal : 38pts in 53gp
Ottawa : 36pts in 51gp
Detroit : 5pts in 12gp
Buffalo : 0pts in 0gp

Based on the Vanek Effect® , it's clear we have to face either Boston or Tampa Bay :sarcasm:. Based on the current standings, my choice is Tampa.

We HAVE to resign him.

Oh my God. Oh my god!!!

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

A Habs/Leafs series has to happen. They have the worse defense in the East so good luck in the playoffs with that, even though Bernier could steal some games.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Picked Bruins, always the most entertaining and stressful playoff series.

Leafs would be cool but we'd have to put up with summer's worth of Canada's Team threads.

Pens would be boring but we'd win in 5-6.

Flyers would sweep us, and the Bolts would have a good chance vs us simply because they match up well vs us; size throughout their roster, very mobile, best goal scorer, pretty deep, fast forwards, and I'm scared of that terror Radko Gudas who would surely injure one of Patch, Gio, Plek, Prust in a 7 game series.

NHLcrazy

Feb 28, 2002
Montreal
Detroit is still a possibility, no ? They can finish #3 (passing both Toronto and TB) and play against us (#2). The chance is slim though.

They are, they could very well finish top 3. They are 6 points back of Toronto but have 3 games in hand. Also, the Leafs are known to choke when it matters and it's hard to predict how TB will be without MSL...

BOS
MTL
TB
------
TOR
DET

with TOR and DET getting the 2 wildcards with WSH and CLBS out of it...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad