Friedman: If Vejmelka was on the Market: What a Feeding Frenzy that would be.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I agree . If they plan on stinking for a while they can take a contract dump to start

Like chicago did W Mrazek

Get High picks if they can
They will stink for a while. Smart to trade him. Put Bernie Lomax in net and they'll get similar results. Not a shot at Vejmelka, just the teams ability to defend.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If LA retains 40% of petersen that's $2M already. Would be better off just keeping him in the AHL than paying to save 1.9M cap hit. Just my opinion though.

As for Walker, he has been a lot improved the past month compared to the beginning of the season. Not really a surprise given his injuries. Either way his contract is not prohibiting LA from doing anything. If it gets to that point he too can be waive and I feel would be claimed. Therefore leaving LA with no cap hit for him, which is way better than paying for someone else to take him.

Really want Vejmelka and ant LA to be all over him. 2023 conditional first + Copley (just for contract going the other way) + a small add I think is fair.
I had Peterson at 20% not 40% and Walker would most definitely not be claimed.

As for Copley and a 1st for Vejmelka, yeah, I’d do that. Not sure what the condition is, though. If it’s Top 10 protected that’s fine. But if it’s playoff round dependent, I’d say no.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I had Peterson at 20% not 40% and Walker would most definitely not be claimed.

As for Copley and a 1st for Vejmelka, yeah, I’d do that. Not sure what the condition is, though. If it’s Top 10 protected that’s fine. But if it’s playoff round dependent, I’d say no.

I was thinking conditions would be based on save % not on playoffs. Would want above .905.

Sorry got the % wrong. Walker makes under $3M, is under 30year old, has been a top 4 before injuries and has been progressing almost nightly as he works his way back from said injuries. Only has one more year and is RHD which most teams are short on. I think there is a decent chance of him being claimed. Only reason why I would want him moved at this point is because it would open a spot for Spence. Either way, if LA thought Walker were to clear they would be better off putting him in the minors than retaining 40% (assuming if I got petersen's % wrong than Walker's was at 40 in your offer).

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I was thinking conditions would be based on save % not on playoffs. Would want above .905.

Sorry got the % wrong. Walker makes under $3M, is under 30year old, has been a top 4 before injuries and has been progressing almost nightly as he works his way back from said injuries. Only has one more year and is RHD which most teams are short on. I think there is a decent chance of him being claimed. Only reason why I would want him moved at this point is because it would open a spot for Spence. Either way, if LA thought Walker were to clear they would be better off putting him in the minors than retaining 40% (assuming if I got petersen's % wrong than Walker's was at 40 in your offer).
Walkers got the higher retention as a trade off for not demanding more on Peterson who has more term. The idea was balancing the ask.

I’d decline that sv% condition. Too wild for me. Top10? Sure. Beyond that, nah. I’ve got 0 interest in trading him for a ‘24 1st. None.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad