01/26/2018AnkleDay-To-Day
03/13/2017KneeDay-To-Day
03/05/2016Upper-Body InjuryDay-To-Day
12/16/2014Upper-Body InhjuryDay-To-Day
12/14/2014Upper-Body InjuryIR
10/19/2013Upper-Body InjuryIR
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last year he missed the first 20 games due to holdout, IIRC. He played 60 games. That leaves 2 to injury. You list the UBI in Dec, 14 twice. There is no current injury AFAIK. The last I heard he was OK. They were going to decide today whether or not to sit him for this game as a precautionary measure.

This has been a rough year for him. He has missed 26 games to 2 injuries, the ankle and a concussion. That still does not = injury prone.

Zack Bogosian is injury prone. He has missed; 63 games this year, 26 last year, 18 the year before, 20 the year before that, 27, 15 (short season), 17, 11 and 1 over 9 consecutive seasons. The 8 seasons since 2010 he has missed a total of 197 games.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
I believe after this years playoffs, trading Buff will not be a solution anyone will be suggesting. His physicality in a 7 game series will be noticeable and highly influential on our success.

I expect him to play at an all time high, in terms of nastiness, should we collide with the Preds in a second round.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Last year he missed the first 20 games due to holdout, IIRC. He played 60 games. That leaves 2 to injury. You list the UBI in Dec, 14 twice. There is no current injury AFAIK. The last I heard he was OK. They were going to decide today whether or not to sit him for this game as a precautionary measure.

This has been a rough year for him. He has missed 26 games to 2 injuries, the ankle and a concussion. That still does not = injury prone.

Zack Bogosian is injury prone. He has missed; 63 games this year, 26 last year, 18 the year before, 20 the year before that, 27, 15 (short season), 17, 11 and 1 over 9 consecutive seasons. The 8 seasons since 2010 he has missed a total of 197 games.
The holdout costed him 15 games last year man not 20. and he's out tonight for precautionary reasons after getting hurt in practice. the Dec 2014 Injuries was initially DTD but then IR i think that's why it is on there twice

Jacob Trouba (ankle) is expected to be ready for the start of the playoffs.
Trouba won't play in Saturday's game against the Blackhawks because he tweaked a pre-existing ankle injury. The 24-year-old will finish the regular season with three goals and 24 points in 55 games. Tucker Poolman will take his spot in the lineup on Saturday night. Apr 7 - 10:52 AM
Source: Winnipeg Free Press

of course compared to Bogosian he's not injury prone, heck Brian Little is not injury prone compared to Bogo either lol

Edit - FWIW i never said he was injury prone or not. he has sat for multiple games due to injury every year except one though. 69 games over 5 years (excluding the holdout) lost due to injury

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The holdout costed him 15 games last year man not 20. and he's out tonight for precautionary reasons after getting hurt in practice. the Dec 2014 Injuries was initially DTD but then IR i think that's why it is on there twice

Jacob Trouba (ankle) is expected to be ready for the start of the playoffs.
Trouba won't play in Saturday's game against the Blackhawks because he tweaked a pre-existing ankle injury. The 24-year-old will finish the regular season with three goals and 24 points in 55 games. Tucker Poolman will take his spot in the lineup on Saturday night. Apr 7 - 10:52 AM
Source: Winnipeg Free Press

of course compared to Bogosian he's not injury prone, heck Brian Little is not injury prone compared to Bogo either lol

Edit - FWIW i never said he was injury prone or not. he has sat for multiple games due to injury every year except one though. 69 games over 5 years (excluding the holdout) lost due to injury

OK, so he missed 7 games last year and 27 this year. I still think some people are making far too much out of this bad year. It takes more than the injuries he has had to earn the label of injury prone. 14 games/year missed due to injury is probably a little more than the average but he might play the next 3 years injury free. I don't see an established pattern here yet.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Hopefully Buff will want to leave the game when he's still good instead of dragging on to make every last buck.

I agree and this is key -

IMO, Buff may not be committed enough to the fitness side of the game - he's a very heavy guy that will hopefully get away with carrying that weight up and down the ice for a few more years - but I also see his speed, durability, and endurance falling off a cliff not too far down the road.

So, does Buff get serious on fitness or take the millions and go fishing? Who knows - remember, we're talking about Buff here.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
He is lazy. He is also such an amazing player it doesn't matter if keep him. It's not even about laziness it's optics. Why should we know whose first on last off. None of my biz. What I can see is he's producing.
No he isn't, it's beyond absurd.

Reactions: Jets 31

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
No he isn't, it's beyond absurd.
What do you call being first off last on? Dedication to your craft? Leadership? I've already said it doesn't matter because he produces but it's definitely not showing the same commitment as the guy who is putting in extra hours. If you were a coach, a business owner, a teacher would you be happy if everyone showed up at exactly the time you wanted them to start and were counting down the minutes till they could go. They never put any of their own time working on their weaknesses (we all have weaknesses). I'd probably have a sit down with them where else do they have to be? What is more important than doing your job? Then there is the fact that he has been known over his career to come to camp not in game fitness level so the team has to focus on conditioning instead of whatever new thing you want to teach them.

Last edited:

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Whatever the Jets do, we aren't going to like it and Chevy won't like it. Might as well not even worry about it for now.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
What do you call being first off last on? Dedication to your craft? Leadership? I've already said it doesn't matter because he produces but it's definitely not showing the same commitment as the guy who is putting in extra hours. If you were a coach, a business owner, a teacher would you be happy if everyone showed up at exactly the time you wanted them to start and were counting down the minutes till they could go. They never put any of their own time working on their weaknesses (we all have weaknesses). I'd probably have a sit down with them where else do they have to be? What is more important than doing your job? Then there is the fact that he has been known over his career to come to camp not in game fitness level so the team has to focus on conditioning instead of whatever new thing you want to teach them.
None of this obvious perception bias makes him any lazier than you think he is.

To think a guy who plays amongst the highest minutes in the whole league is lazy.......mind boggling.

Reactions: Jets 31 and DRW204

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
None of this obvious perception bias makes him any lazier than you think he is.

To think a guy who plays amongst the highest minutes in the whole league is lazy.......mind boggling.
Agreed .Just to add, he took Morrissey under his wing in his rookie year on the ice.. there was a Maurice interview during the summer I beleive where he mentions that Buff was the first to pipe up and did alot for JoMo and was singing his praises. I expect the same, if it hasn't already happened with his recent call up, with Niku.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Agreed .Just to add, he took Morrissey under his wing in his rookie year on the ice.. there was a Maurice interview during the summer I beleive where he mentions that Buff was the first to pipe up and did alot for JoMo and was singing his praises. I expect the same, if it hasn't already happened with his recent call up, with Niku.

I'd also note that Buff is definitely NOT a last on/first off guy at team practices. He goes hard, lots of chatter, often taking extra shooting at the end. No one his size (and age) logs those minutes while coasting, whatever his raw abilities. And Buff's adjusting his game over the course of the season demonstrates, IMO, a team-first attitude and the capacity to learn new tricks.

Don't get the Fat Buff/Lazy Buff narratives at all, especially over recent seasons.

Reactions: Ducky10

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Buff is a legit NHL superstar who signed here for 5 years when he literally could have picked anywhere to go play .He picked Winnipeg. He loves it here.. His wife loves it here.. They are both small town people.. Buff stays and retires a Jet.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
My guess is that Trouba will be the one that is traded. Very good, young player but he doesn’t seem like a team guy (unlike Myers and Buff, who are actually team leaders).

Fortunately, Trouba should have good trade value.

Reactions: GNP

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
My guess is that Trouba will be the one that is traded. Very good, young player but he doesn’t seem like a team guy (unlike Myers and Buff, who are actually team leaders).

Fortunately, Trouba should have good trade value.
If we trade Trouba I don't know when we will get a chance at another young #1-2 D. We definitely will not be drafting in the top 10 again, unless, we get a pick that high as part of the package back for him.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
If we trade Trouba I don't know when we will get a chance at another young #1-2 D. We definitely will not be drafting in the top 10 again, unless, we get a pick that high as part of the package back for him.

It depends if Trouba really wants to be here without being bribed with an overpay. We’ll see...though I am not confident he’s staying.

Reactions: GNP

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

What the hell are you even talking about?

Reactions: Ducky10

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2