If Trouba holds out, who will you be most upset with?

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
It's Trouba..he has the final say. He could have told his agent to get a deal done like Wheeler did...but he didn't. He signed off on this business.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
It's Trouba..he has the final say. He could have told his agent to get a deal done like Wheeler did...but he didn't. He signed off on this business.

Wheeler filed for arbitration. He signed his contract just a couple days before his hearing was scheduled. There's no real comparison but it would be like Trouba signing 2 days before the start of the regular season.

We have no idea if Trouba is willing to sit out any regular season games.

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
How about a none of the above? Sometimes the two sides are apart and things don't work out, no point in being too upset about it.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Wheeler filed for arbitration. He signed his contract just a couple days before his hearing was scheduled. There's no real comparison but it would be like Trouba signing 2 days before the start of the regular season.

No we don't. But that wasn't what was asked. Wheeler made it clear that he wanted to stay in Winnipeg and was willing do what he had to to get a deal done. That was obvious from his presser after the contract had been signed.

If Trouba holds out...it will be him that I am.mad at because his agent acts on his behalf. Every single thing the agent does is signed off by Trouba. I sincerely doubt that Overhardt gets hard by manipulating young players and pissing off team management.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

That completely encapsulates my philosophy of life. Everything happens because it must happen, and free will is a delusion. There is no darkest timeline, or any other timeline. Our life books from beginning to end are already written, we just have no way of jumping ahead to read the later chapters. And if reading this makes you go out and do something impulsive and totally out of character to give yourself a comforting sense of indeterminism, well... of course you will. You had to. :nod:

So, to get back on-topic...

Even though in the grand scheme he really has no say in how this all plays out, Trouba still gets my vote. ;)

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
That completely encapsulates my philosophy of life. Everything happens because it must happen, and free will is a delusion. There is no darkest timeline, or any other timeline. Our life books from beginning to end are already written, we just have no way of jumping ahead to read the later chapters. And if reading this makes you go out and do something impulsive and totally out of character to give yourself a comforting sense of indeterminism, well... of course you will. You had to. :nod:

So, to get back on-topic...

Even though in the grand scheme he really has no say in how this all plays out, Trouba still gets my vote. ;)

That's really really...depressing.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
No we don't. But that wasn't what was asked. Wheeler made it clear that he wanted to stay in Winnipeg and was willing do what he had to to get a deal done. That was obvious from his presser after the contract had been signed.

If Trouba holds out...it will be him that I am.mad at because his agent acts on his behalf. Every single thing the agent does is signed off by Trouba. I sincerely doubt that Overhardt gets hard by manipulating young players and pissing off team management.

What is Trouba saying now?

He's intersted in signing in Winnipeg long term

What will he say after he signs?

I doubt it's "I want to play elsewhere."

You can't compare arbitration negotiations with non arb negotiations. They are completely different things.

BrianFromAIH

Long Time Lurker
Jun 16, 2012
Warren, OH, USA

This is such an important thing to remember. Was there a narrative of HIM wanting out? No. Just how negotiations go.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
What is Trouba saying now?

He's intersted in signing in Winnipeg long term

What will he say after he signs?

I doubt it's "I want to play elsewhere."

You can't compare arbitration negotiations with non arb negotiations. They are completely different things.

Yes. I realize that. This is a hypothetical situation because thus far Trouba hasn't held out...the thread asks what if he does though.

There is obviously not a comparison because Trouba hasn't held out yet...but the thread is asking about if and when he does.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Listening to H&L interviewing Dreger, it's pretty clear that none of them have a clue about what's happening in negotiations with Trouba. If Lawless ever had a line into Overhardt, he sure doesn't have any inside information now.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Listening to H&L interviewing Dreger, it's pretty clear that none of them have a clue about what's happening in negotiations with Trouba. If Lawless ever had a line into Overhardt, he sure doesn't have any inside information now.

That's the way it should be. I'd be concerned if real stuff started getting out in the media.

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
I'd suspect that the Jets are trying to buy as much UFA term as possible. Both realize what market rates are for these types of players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad