If Trouba holds out, who will you be most upset with?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Can't answer this without the details.

What is Trouba demanding? Term, dollar, usage?

What are the Jets offering and willing to do to answer all the above?

I could be pissed off at either depending on the above.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Is this holding out past dec 1st you're suggesting? If that happens I'd blame his agent for giving Trouba terrible advice but I won't be pissed off at anyone.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Can we add WinnipegWinter to the poll?

That's funny. :thumbu:

Trouba, AINEC. Sure, he has an agent to handle the negotiations, but the buck stops with him. He is driving this, and given that the Jets have demonstrated a history of offering fair contracts, I can't believe they are low balling him. Blaming Stu, or Maurice for pairing him with Stu? Suggesting the Jets intentionally tried to make him look bad to lower his contract demands? That's just crazy talk. They can see what he brings to the table, and how he compares to other young d-men.

And given that the Jets have gone out of their way to provide him with a supportive environment to grow into a world where immature men are given so much money and fame they can easily lose sight of core values, then yeah... I think he owes that team some loyalty, some appreciation.

So, technically I wouldn't even be upset if he holds out. I would watch with glee as he fashions that rope into a noose, and wait for that joyous day when the Jets decide they have had enough and send him elsewhere for a good return on their investment. Just like they did with Bogo and Kane.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I don't think any of us will know these details unless things go horribly off the rails.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Myself, for buying my kid his signed pic in a frame after trouba was his first autograph, my son loves him, got trouba as his first jersey.
Good news is pavs is on his wall too, easier to throw two out :D

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone

^This.

It all depends on who was making the unreasonable demands that broke the deal.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Trouba. At the end of the day he can inform his agent to sign the offer made by the Winnipeg Jets. I don't believe that Cheveldayoff would play hardball. Speculation during the season was that he wanted an outrageous number. Winnipeg understands the value Trouba adds and that the team has a need for him to grow with the team. I would love to see him sign a long-term deal but the longer the impasse, the less optimistic I am that a long-term deal will be signed.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Unless the Jets are being unreasonable with their offers, I'd blame Trouba. Blaming his agent makes no sense - Trouba is an adult who chose to hire him, knowing fully the track record he has with his clients holding out. He's not some kid who the agent is manipulating. If he held out, it'd be his choice, regardless of his agent.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
I would likely choose to blame no one - but that wasn't an option in the poll.

Players are entitled to have a preference as to where they want to play. If he held out while professing a want to be elsewhere and to be utilized under different circumstances, such is life. As long as the Jets bargained in good faith and the other side (for whatever reason) didn't want to do a deal, move on.

As long as Myers is ready, then add Postma to the right side and Morrissey to the left and that D on the whole would probably move the puck a bit better than did last year's group. It isn't as if they'd be losing Larry Robinson. I'd obviously prefer they kept Trouba, but life is often about change and how you deal with it going forward.

Hopefully it doesn't get to the point of a holdout.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I'll go along the line with personal responsibility, so Trouba. But I actually voted for his agent.

Yes, I completely agree that Trouba ultimately pulls the pin or not, but there are lots of stories out there of people being given misleading information, be it investing, general life advice, or having an agent bargain for you. How much of the information is Trouba actually being given? Yes, we assume all of it, but I think a savvy agent coupled with a naive player can manipulate a situation pretty easily. Is that happening with Trouba and Overhardt? Impossible to ever say because we'll never have all the information available to us but it's certainly not beyond the realm of possibility. Of course that said it comes right back to Trouba anyway because if he's not being diligent about getting all the information from his agent and being sure he does then it's still his fault. But how much trust is there in the relationship and how trustworthy is his agent (see Eagleson, Alan).

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Ben Hatskin. It he hadn't signed Bobby Hull to that 1,000,000 contract at Portage and Main in 1972 we wouldn't be in this mess :sarcasm:

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
My mentality behind this is there's tons of other RFA's that haven't signed yet either. If Trouba was the last one I'd be worried, but he isn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad