OT: If there's old threads you'd like to save

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
How come none of the other team threads are doing this?
Maybe they don't value their old threads as much? :dunno:

Do we really need to save this stuff?
Some people like to go back and read the old threads on a regular basis. Personally I don't do it often, but for example the Lu trade thread is a classic that I go back to at least 2-3 times a year.

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
This is probably the worst idea ever implemented on this board. Is this a joke of some sort?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Is there a way to make an archive/megathread for these? I get it's temporary, but it's pretty rough
I don't think there's a way to download threads, if that's what you meant. Megathread doesn't work because all the posts would be arranged by time&date, so those wouldn't be in order. Stickies aren't included in the purge, so that's why it's the only way.

There's been a new turn of events and the removal of old threads could be either A) delayed, or B) put aside completely. I'm trying to get info on a timetable and if the delay is more than a couple days, then we'll unstick the old threads for now and stick them again when the time comes.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Update:

From what I understand, the mass removal of threads seems to be on hold for now. The old threads that were stickied may return there at some point and I'll bump this thread if that happpens.

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
Update:

From what I understand, the mass removal of threads seems to be on hold for now. The old threads that were stickied may return there at some point and I'll bump this thread if that happpens.
Why don't you just copy and paste their hyperlinks into a thread and sticky that instead?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Why don't you just copy and paste their hyperlinks into a thread and sticky that instead?
The links are going to be worthless if the mass removal goes through. Let's say the cut-off point is the start of this year. Everything prior to that date is getting removed, except stickied threads. So you can have all the links saved to threads from 2013-2016, those links are going to stop working if the removal happens.

The good thing is that the mass removal may not be necessary after all, but at the moment me & ETF know as much (more like little) as you guys do. We'll update when there's more info available.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I wish they wouldn't get rid of them. They really are a chronicle to hockey history of the past decade and a half...from honest, not fabricated standpoints.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad