If the Oilers win the lottery. good or bad?

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Dumb question? maybe. But, if they win and get McDavid, then this gongshow, this despicable display of poor management, could very well end up coming out smelling like roses.

"See, what geniuses we are!! We knew all along that all we had to do was be terrible long enough to get a superstar."

"WE TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!"

This management team doesn't deserve McDavid. They have initiated the weakest rebuild imaginable. Not a single savvy move has been made. By the time they're done, almost every important player will be a top 10 pick (and half of them top 3), and fully a decade of rebuilding.

Even if they were to win the cup with McDavid, would it be legit? or respected? I don't think so.

I'm not sure I want to win the lottery. These idiots don't deserve it.

Now, if they won the lottery, but had a terrible start to next season, and then cleaned out the Lowe cabal.... well, THAT would be perfect.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
These idiots don't deserve it.

A competent management team can build a winner without McDavid. At this point I'd rather 5 good managers rather than 1 superstar hockey player.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
The idiot management of this team do not deserve McDavid, but I think the long suffering fans of this team surely do.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
I have faith that this management team will still find ways to fail even with McDavid.
:laugh:

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I don't give two craps how this team wins.

If it's from winning a lottery with incompetent management then so be it.
I don't care.

As long as they win.

I'm not sure where you're going with this to be honest.

Are you worried we'll start winning?

I guess the fear would be only a temporary few years of winning before they mess it up.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Good? It's about our only hope. Having said that I would give up every pick in this draft and the next to get rid of the owner and all the underlings. I'd prefer an expansion team.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Good? It's about our only hope. Having said that I would give up every pick in this draft and the next to get rid of the owner and all the underlings. I'd prefer an expansion team.

WPG was in Atlanta with a garbage management team. They fired everyone when they moved to WPG. Put competent people in place and now have a team going into the playoffs in the oh so difficult western conference. I've mentioned the whole thing with the old boys club in montreal numerous times.

Firing all management would be winning the lotto for me.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Even if we draft McDavid the utter incompetence of our management will find a way to screw things up. It's just what they do. They should write a book titled "how to ruin a sports franchise for dummies"

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Winning the lottery would be the ultimate troll to the rest of the teams fans and I would love it.

However, I would love to win meaningful games far more.

McDavid can help accomplish both.

mactforcoach

Nov 18, 2008
Drayton Valley Ab
You're kidding right? There is no way anyone can put a bad spin on drafting McDavid. The fans and the team deserve it, I don't care 2 cents worth how it looks on the current management.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Dont see how the 2 are connected.. Sounds like passing up on a free porche just because you dont trust your spouse's driving. I vote for the free fancy car and worry about fixing the driving issues separately. Not getting the free car isnt going to improve the driving nor teach anyone any lessons.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Who gives a **** how we win? I don't care one bit about who is managing the team and how good/bad they are. I care about the players on the ice.

McDavid makes the Oilers must watch TV. I have watched maybe 20 Oiler games this year. With McDavid on the team, I will make sure to catch every game next year no matter how bad we are.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Dont see how the 2 are connected.. Sounds like passing up on a free porche just because you dont trust your spouse's driving. I vote for the free fancy car and worry about fixing the driving issues separately. Not getting the free car isnt going to improve the driving nor teach anyone any lessons.

All I know is that I don't trust MacT's driving...

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
All I know is that I don't trust MacT's driving...

27G6VKd.gif

J4M13M

Jun 4, 2014
Saint John NB
I'd rather have Gongshow management with McDavid than gongshow management without McDavid.

Since those appear to be the options, I guess I think winning the lottery is a good thing.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Only bad for HF Main Boards. There would literary be salt coming out of my computer screen when I click the thread.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Good

McDavid is about the only chance we have of turning this rebuild around..

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
You're kidding right? There is no way anyone can put a bad spin on drafting McDavid. The fans and the team deserve it, I don't care 2 cents worth how it looks on the current management.

The fans deserve it, the team does not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad