If the Oilers were to send Jesse Puljujarvi down to the AHL would he clear waivers?

Would Puljujarvi clear waivers if sent to the AHL

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
He just signed a 2 year $1.175M AAV deal. Reviews are mixed on his play this year playing for Karpat.
He's currently 32nd in scoring with 6 goals / 4 assists in 10 games.... although that is a small sample size.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Someone would take a chance on his potential I’m sure. To get a player with his upside for free would be too good to pass up.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He just signed a 2 year $1.175M AAV deal. Reviews are mixed on his play this year playing for Karpat.
He's currently 32nd in scoring with 6 goals / 4 assists in 10 games.... although that is a small sample size.

So he’s a PPG player 10 games in? Maybe let’s wait until the sample size is bigger?

Perhaps this is a better poll for Calgary Puck.

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
If he gets sent down, it probably because the NHL experiment failed completely. I'm sure he and Holland have an understanding that he'll have to play himself off the team.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I really doubt he'd get through even at the end of training camp. Teams are normally very focused on their group at that point and not looking to swap players. But picking Puljujarvi seems like a no-brainer. You could use him on the 4th line, I don't believe the idea that he is some kind of liability. Several teams would take him and put their #14F on waivers.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Even if for some bizarre reason most of the teams passed on him there is no way he gets past DET/OTT/LA/NJ or other rebuilding teams with cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad