OT: If the Jets are sellers, who gets sold?

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Saw a post on the main boards regarding Stas and it got me thinking that if the Jets are very clearly sellers come TDL, who do you think it’s traded and what type of return could we realistically expect?

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
If we are out of the playoffs I am going with Copp. Most bang for our buck, and odds are good he wont be back next year.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
If Jets are out, Copp has maximum value. I would want a prospect back, the Jets do not have great depth, draft pick is a 2-3 year project, in 3 years this team is going to look much different, especially if there is no Helly, Scheif or Wheeler.

Stastny should get a 2nd from a contender at the deadline.

Beaulieu is worth a 6th or 7th for depth.

I would also trade Nate Schmidt to relieve some Cap space, and give room for Heinola to grow into the team.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
If Jets are out, Copp has maximum value. I would want a prospect back, the Jets do not have great depth, draft pick is a 2-3 year project, in 3 years this team is going to look much different, especially if there is no Helly, Scheif or Wheeler.

Stastny should get a 2nd from a contender at the deadline.

Beaulieu is worth a 6th or 7th for depth.

I would also trade Nate Schmidt to relieve some Cap space, and give room for Heinola to grow into the team.

Not sure if dumping our top pair dman is the way to open the door for a rookie - especially one that plays the right side

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Copper gets a 1st and a 5th.
Stastny gets a 2nd.
Boolow gets a 5th or 6th.
I'd try to get a 4th or 5th for Toni.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Saw a post on the main boards regarding Stas and it got me thinking that if the Jets are very clearly sellers come TDL, who do you think it’s traded and what type of return could we realistically expect?

Why OT?
We have a trade/speculation & rumours thread.

Well we have 3 pending UFAs Copp, Stastny and BooBoo. Copp might get a late 1st, Stastny maybe a 2nd or 3rd, and BooBoo maybe a late pick. Any other player getting traded would be a hockey trade, not a TD sell.

^This.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Lets do some fun what if trades

The Rags want to make run

Copp for Schneider, 2022 1st protected + 2022 4th. The Rags lose in the 1st round that 1st becomes a 2nd in 2022. We get a RH shot D back that could potentially slot in the top 4 and some draft equity

The Coilers want depth

Statsny for Turris(cap dump) + 2022 2nd.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

Copp for Schneider, 2022 1st protected + 2022 4th. The Rags lose in the 1st round that 1st becomes a 2nd in 2022. We get a RH shot D back that could potentially slot in the top 4 and some draft equity

The Coilers want depth

I think the only way we have a shot at that trade would be if the Rangers GM has a bit too much to drink on Christmas :laugh::sarcasm:

By the way, does the NHL have any plans in place for a scenario like that? Say an NHL GM makes a clearly terrible trade while drunk, is there a plan in place for the NHL to veto it?

Reactions: hn777

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

The Coilers want depth

Let them keep Turris. Just retain on Stats.

TBH, with the way Stats has played this year he should be worth more than a 2nd from Oil. Make it 2nd + 3rd.

BTW, I bring Stats back again next year for about 2.5 mil.

That seems a little ambitious for Copp, but I like it.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think the only way we have a shot at that trade would be if the Rangers GM has a bit too much to drink on Christmas :laugh::sarcasm:

By the way, does the NHL have any plans in place for a scenario like that? Say an NHL GM makes a clearly terrible trade while drunk, is there a plan in place for the NHL to veto it?

:laugh: I believe the league has to approve all transactions.

Mind you, they allowed Erat for Forsberg, so I think there are no take backs. :laugh:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I wonder if anyone would bite on Stan. I like him here more than most but if we could move him and bring up Heinola Chisholm etc.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Not sure if dumping our top pair dman is the way to open the door for a rookie - especially one that plays the right side

I think the Jets would be just as good with Morrissey-De Melo, Heinola-Pionk, as the current top 4. For me Dillon and De Melo are top 4/5 d-men and #6 can be Stanley, Kovacevic, maybe even Gawanke. But Heinola for me comes in as a #3 d-man, with PP time. The more reps he gets on the PK the more useful he is. Schmidt gets in the way of the PP time, in my thinking, and that salary gives the Jets flexibility to address other areas, especially if Copp and Stastny go off the books (though I hope the latter is re-signed). But I can't speak for the way Chevy or Lowry see the defense.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

The Coilers want depth

I looked at Copp for Schneider on the main boards, and that one was buried quick. The Rangers have a blue chipper in Schneider. I do think that Copp addresses a need within the organization, and he'd get to play with some skilled players over there, boost their 3c position over Chityl. Maybe forms part of a checking line with Goodrow, that could make some noise.

But to get Schneider I think the Jets would have to add. Maybe Copp and Stanley for Schneider. I think Schneider would replace some of the toughness that has been missing since Buff, and I'd have him pegged as 1D, with Morrissey, or maybe that's 2RD, if Schmidt or Heinola paired with Pionk. I can see him fitting into a Lowry team, again. But if you are trading a 3C it's probably not for a top 4 potential d, without adding. That's the message I got.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I think the Jets would be just as good with Morrissey-De Melo, Heinola-Pionk, as the current top 4. For me Dillon and De Melo are top 4/5 d-men and #6 can be Stanley, Kovacevic, maybe even Gawanke. But Heinola for me comes in as a #3 d-man, with PP time. The more reps he gets on the PK the more useful he is. Schmidt gets in the way of the PP time, in my thinking, and that salary gives the Jets flexibility to address other areas, especially if Copp and Stastny go off the books (though I hope the latter is re-signed). But I can't speak for the way Chevy or Lowry see the defense.

I guess we would need to get him into the line up and see how he does -

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
If the Jets fail this year they absolutely need to be sellers and start a real fast mini rebuild. Scheifele, copp, stas, dillion, wheeler if possible (would retain on that), an RD.

rangers are a good target for a lot of nhl ready prospects and they want to win now. Really want Laf and Schneider here.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
time to blow it up and rebuild.

cant believe im saying that already. what a small and depressing window.

This is the only sensible solution. Being sellers at the TD means that at 10 years in, we have made little progress under the current regime. You start with axing Chevy. Stan Bowman is available. And he did resign, it's not like Bettman fired him. He isn't technically blackballed. Bettman just has to approve his return, and I'm sure Chipman has the pull to do it.

He is the perfect hatchet man to come in and clean out our rotten core, led my ScheifMe and Wheezer. Get rid of Helly, too. I'm so tired of listening to his shit.

Run budgie, run. They'll be blowin' it up real good. :nod:

explosion-run-away.gif

Reactions: macmaroon

WpgSteve

Nov 5, 2018
?
31 GMs would be tripping over themselves to get Stanley. Are you serious?
Lol. Exactly. I get the NHL GMs aren't infallible, but it's a pretty ridiculous fan take that we should trade a guy that 31other GMs are lining up to take. You really think you know better than all of them?

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
This is the only sensible solution. Being sellers at the TD means that at 10 years in, we have made little progress under the current regime. You start with axing Chevy. Stan Bowman is available. And he did resign, it's not like Bettman fired him. He isn't technically blackballed. Bettman just has to approve his return, and I'm sure Chipman has the pull to do it.

He is the perfect hatchet man to come in and clean out our rotten core, led my ScheifMe and Wheezer. Get rid of Helly, too. I'm so tired of listening to his shit.

Run budgie, run. They'll be blowin' it up real good. :nod:

explosion-run-away.gif

I think this is a little excessive… thought I don’t think they axe KC… I think he gets one more coach. Tbh, I think KC does a pretty good job re drafting, contract negotiations and thought he did really well this off-season. Unfortunately, in retrospect they should have let Maurice leave in the summer. As they say..if you’re not in, your out!

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2