Value of: If the Hawks don't take Byram

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Because they could get an additional asset this way.

You don't mess with assets when it comes to a pick this high. You get to draft a player projected as a future core piece for your team, just take him and don't take the risk of him not being available.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Colorado need centers and LA needs everything, so its unlikely either of them would trade much to move up and are happy with where they are at. Det might trade up but TBH I think its best for Chi to just take Byram and be happy with their good fortune.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Because they could get an additional asset this way.

Yeah I kinda missed that part, haha. Not a bad idea, though. Might be a bit of a gamble.

A pick that high though I think you shouldn’t take any chances and use your good fortune.

I can’t wait until both our teams are legit contenders again. Our games against each other were highlights of the season.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yeah I kinda missed that part, haha. Not a bad idea, though. Might be a bit of a gamble.

A pick that high though I think you shouldn’t take any chances and use your good fortune.

I can’t wait until both our teams are legit contenders again. Our games against each other were highlights of the season.
if SB do not draft Byram then he better be in position to draft Turcotte ......

however if SB trade out of that area to draft none neither then i would ask for SB head on a platter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taylorst

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
It makes more sense to take Byram. You can’t go wrong taking the best D-man in the draft. Chicago is in an enviable spot.

Chicago's biggest need and hole is center and forwards. As of now Toews is in his last 4 years of his contract , last year was an anomaly for toews production.

Chicago needs to prepare themselves for the future.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
if SB do not draft Byram then he better be in position to draft Turcotte ......

however if SB trade out of that area to draft either, then i would ask for SB head on a platter.

Lol great comment spot on. I think Chicago realizes this is the draft to fulfill their future need at a game changing center.
Byram might be a great defenseman, but Chicago has a logjam of young prospects and have 5 years of 2 spots locked up on declining , cap eating Keith and Seabrook.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Is their guy Turcotte? You know this how? Did you read the OP? Well nevermind, you couldn't have and then posted that.

It doesn’t matter who the actual guy is. Turcotte is the guy I picked because people have been playing up the Chicago connection. EVERY team has a numbered draft list. They all have a preference. By trading below Colorado, you’re allowing them to pick their favorite forward from the best-of-the-rest list, and the odds aren’t small it’s going to be the same guy Chicago has there. You don’t risk screwing up this type of drafting position to add an early second rounder. You just take your guy and move forward.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Chicago's biggest need and hole is center and forwards. As of now Toews is in his last 4 years of his contract , last year was an anomaly for toews production.

Chicago needs to prepare themselves for the future.
excellent pov and a better way than i could have explain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad