Value of: If the Devils get the #3-#6 pick...

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
The Devils have a bunch of picks this draft. The Devils need to make a splash at forward or defense. There just isn't too much high quality talent besides Taylor Hall. If the Devils do not end up with Patrick or Hischier, I think they should trade their 1st for some proven talent.

What can the Devils get for their first on either Forward or Defense?

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
The Devils have a bunch of picks this draft. The Devils need to make a splash at forward or defense. There just isn't too much high quality talent besides Taylor Hall. If the Devils do not end up with Patrick or Hischier, I think they should trade their 1st for some proven talent.

What can the Devils get for their first on either Forward or Defense?

No they shouldn't.... they need to start stockpiling young talent and if 3-6 is weak in this draft they wont receive a great NHL talent. Its time for them to rebuild

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They need to draft best available Center or Defensemen.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
if they get third and hichier and patrick are taken they'll draft liljegren.
they need a rebuild not a retool.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Do the opposite. Draft best available, trade your best available player for prospects and picks.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Rebuilding teams should always swing for the fences. Screw proven talent with limited upside. Take Vilardi, Mittlestadt, Tippett, or Liljegren and hope your lottery ticket is a winner.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Jersey can probably get the supporting players they need without moving the first. There will be a few guys available for later picks who would otherwise be unexposed. They might be able to get an Eberle type scorer and he wouldn't cost a top 10 pick. If they wanted to reunite Hall and Eberle that is, ha ha.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
It's funny when people speak in absolutes about something that won't come to fruition til 20freakin20.

We'll draft with the pick, regardless of whatever hypotheticals people want to draw up.

Do I have to put imo in front of every post or can you grasp the fact that everything on a message board is opinion unless there's a link?

And you just spoke in an absolute too so...

Last edited:

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
NJ should go after J.Schultz .. positional need and buddies with Hall.
He is a UFA so wont cost a pick either.

His other roomie Eberle should also be available unless he turns it up in the playoffs.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Possibly a quantity type trade might work...something like the 4th overall pick for the 7th and a 2nd round.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
Devils should keep their picks in next 3-5 years and trade away proven players. We are nowhere near to contending and we should go (continue) full rebuild route from the scratch.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Possibly a quantity type trade might work...something like the 4th overall pick for the 7th and a 2nd round.

They don't need to drop down in the draft to add a 2nd. They have lots of picks in the top 4 rounds the next 2 drafts....13.

They need quality....and taking the BPA with their pick is the best option for them. Of course I hope they mess up and take the wrong guy.

YennoItFlames

Sep 1, 2016
I honestly think the devils would keep the pick unless they could get someone they absolutely need more than a young prospect that could become a 1st Line forward/ top pairing d or a 4th line plug/borderline NHL dman, but like who gets traded 1 for 1 (top 6 pick)? Without the devils adding to get what they would want? Like you didn't even post any players that you'd think would be worth the 1st? The devils traded a pick for CS, and he's been pretty excellent for you guys, I thought he was worth at least a 4th rounder added onto the 1st

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
As a Leafs fan, if NJD was in the 4-6 range, I'd love to do a deal... I'm not sure that we've got what it takes though. Some package involving pieces such as Bozak, JvR, our 2017 1st, Bracco, Timashov, Liepsic, Johnson, Soshnikov, Rychel.. would be available in some sort of package, some of our LHD on the Marlies as well....

New Jersey is probably better off just retooling/rebuilding and keeping the pick... but, I'd be willing to part with enough pieces to get a deal done, to fill a need on our end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad