Rumor: If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 37.2%
  • Maybe/Undecided

Votes: 46 29.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
"some are going to put the overwhelming presence of LDS church on the con part of their [Pro/Con] list when it comes to living in SLC" is not Sinurgy "foaming at the mouth."
Conveniently ignoring his other posts?

It's wild you keep pretending the LDS don't have outsized or problematic influence in Utah. It would be the same problem if any other group reached a similar point to where they control the majority of the politics in the state. It's not going to be for everyone. So yeah, it'd be a "problem" if Utah was super Hasidic, to use your lame gotcha example. Most people don't want religion intertwined with their government and for good reason.
You know there just isn’t much of a problem with the way everyone is else, including you, is expressing themselves.

rt

May 13, 2004
My fave is Utah Copperheads, but I do like Ice Dragons too
I think copperheads are a Deep South snake right? Like Alabama and stuff?

I googled. Wiki says they don’t get west of Texas.

I read a re-imagined version of David Copperfield last year called Demon Copperhead. It was a pretty good book. Got a little goofy at the end but mostly good. A little more teeth to the stakes than the original. But not exactly Dickens in terms of talent.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I think copperheads are a Deep South snake right? Like Alabama and stuff?

I googled. Wiki says they don’t get west of Texas.

I read a re-imagined version of David Copperfield last year called Demon Copperhead. It was a pretty good book. Got a little goofy at the end but mostly good. A little more teeth to the stakes than the original. But not exactly Dickens in terms of talent.
The Google tells me Utah has rattlesnakes, sidewinders and pit vipers.

hockeyboy1923

Apr 18, 2023
Ironic statement there sir. Clearly I ruffled your feathers which wasn't my intention, I'm merely pointing out that some people will consider that a con to life in SLC. It's hardly a crazy take and certainly not one worthy of that lame nazi card you tried to play.

People get way too defensive about SLC. It is a beautiful city and there are nice things about living there including the outdoors, safety and lower cost of living. BUT they do have very conservative laws in place, including around alcohol, bars and other entertainment. Additionally, my experience has been Mormon's are nice people, but I have been told anecdotally from a friend that used to live in SLC, it is a bit "cliquey", in the sense that he felt like an outsider because he was not mormon. But he also had no ties to the area which makes that hard anyway.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
People get way too defensive about SLC. It is a beautiful city and there are nice things about living there including the outdoors, safety and lower cost of living. BUT they do have very conservative laws in place, including around alcohol, bars and other entertainment. Additionally, my experience has been Mormon's are nice people, but I have been told anecdotally from a friend that used to live in SLC, it is a bit "cliquey", in the sense that he felt like an outsider because he was not mormon. But he also had no ties to the area which makes that hard anyway.
Yeah in general, at least in my experience, Mormon's are super nice. The clique part is real though, if you're not part of the church, you're on the outside for sure. Not like anyone will be a dick to you or anything but you're definitely on the outside. Not as big of deal for adults but to a little kid, that can be a tough road to navigate. I believe a fellow F40 member here @The Feckless Puck was Mormon and actually lived in SLC for awhile, pretty sure he'd corroborate your take and then some.

Reactions: Kaizen

rt

May 13, 2004
Ironic statement there sir. Clearly I ruffled your feathers which wasn't my intention, I'm merely pointing out that some people will consider that a con to life in SLC. It's hardly a crazy take and certainly not one worthy of that lame nazi card you tried to play.
Are you suggesting that your replies to @Foggy1097 were not intentionally provocative, condescending and offensive? I think you said exactly what you meant to I say. And as I said before, if you aren’t embarrassed by it, I’m sorry.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
There is a great youtuber that is a former mormon. And she does not really shit on the church or anything. But the things she told about, for example summer camps, make me shudder.
Really not great.
Funny enough she got recommended to me early this year.
Youtube knew about this all along. ^^

Reactions: Sinurgy

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Are you suggesting that your replies to @Foggy1097 were not intentionally provocative, condescending and offensive? I think you said exactly what you meant to I say. And as I said before, if you aren’t embarrassed by it, I’m sorry.
I responded proportional to the replies I received, if you don't understand that, I'm sorry.

I’m def not cheering for Utah HC. They need to pick a name. There is plenty of time.
Yeah that's just weird, sounds like a futbol club or something, definitely prefer Venom over that.

rt

May 13, 2004
I responded proportional to the replies I received, if you don't understand that, I'm sorry.

Yeah that's just weird, sounds like a futbol club or something, definitely prefer Venom over that.
I hated venom the first time I heard it. But so many of these names are so bad that it’s looking good by comparison.

I’m def not cheering for Utah HC. They need to pick a name. There is plenty of time.
I think they suggested this hastily. I think when they evaluate the cost of doing this they’ll decide against it.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I hated venom the first time I heard it. But so many of these names are so bad that it’s looking good by comparison.

I think they suggested this hastily. I think when they evaluate the cost of doing this they’ll decide against it.
Perhaps picking the least worst of the options is their way of honoring the Arizona hockey legacy. :sarcasm:

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Curt Keilback..

I dont know that many in PHX liked him , but he was one of my all time favs ... He just made the game more exciting to watch ..

I watch some of the feeds now and the announces and commentators are so biased , misinformed, get the names wrong and some are quite boring.

I also really liked Strader and Panger as well ..

And to be really in the minority, I actually like Tyson Nash ... however I only see him twice a year as , I am subscribed to sportsnet

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I dont know that many in PHX liked him , but he was one of my all time favs ... He just made the game more exciting to watch ..

I watch some of the feeds now and the announces and commentators are so biased , misinformed, get the names wrong and some are quite boring.

I also really liked Strader and Panger as well ..

And to be really in the minority, I actually like Tyson Nash ... however I only see him twice a year as , I am subscribed to sportsnet
It was good listening to Kurt again. Thanks for that snippet.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
149 votes in the poll. Are there really 149 Coyote fans on F40? Call me shocked.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
The only name I've heard so far that I like is Utah Blizzard. Dragons would also be kind of cool. Everything else I've heard is shit (including Yetis). I'd have almost -almost- preferred they kept the Coyotes name and just take it with them, then re-brand us to Firebirds at expansion.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
The only name I've heard so far that I like is Utah Blizzard. Dragons would also be kind of cool. Everything else I've heard is shit (including Yetis). I'd have almost -almost- preferred they kept the Coyotes name and just take it with them, then re-brand us to Firebirds at expansion.
We need to rebrand into the Phoenix Fire Dragons

IMG_2802.jpeg
IMG_2803.jpeg
IMG_2804.jpeg
IMG_2799.jpeg

IMG_2806.jpeg
IMG_2805.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad