Rumor: If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 37.2%
  • Maybe/Undecided

Votes: 46 29.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Kind of random but it is a little crazy that there isn’t a pro team in the four major sports that has the Dragons name…really odd now that I think about it. Seems like a no brained from a marketing perspective. The Utah Ice Dragons

Reactions: Puckrobber

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
So they said Smith is going to take his time when it comes for naming the team ,l and they may not have it when the season starts

1713471758575.png

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I think making an argument that wives and guys with families will not want to go there is honestly insane mental gymnastics
Sure but it's only mental gymnastics to you because you're superstitious. There are a lot of people who are not very superstitious or even superstitious at all and view superstitious thought negatively. Many of those people will take the possibility of their kids experiencing indoctrination seriously. I agree not EVERYONE is that way but for some it is a genuine concern. People make pros/cons lists all the time and some are going to put the overwhelming presence of LDS church on the con part of their list when it comes to livin gin SLC. I don't think that's a controversial stance at all, it's a perfectly normal concern. Now to be fair even if they put that on the cons, the pros may still out weigh the cons and they move there but acting like there's no way that'd be a con is incorrect.

Reactions: Edenjung

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Sure but it's only mental gymnastics to you because you're superstitious. There are a lot of people who are not very superstitious or even superstitious at all and view superstitious thought negatively. Many of those people will take the possibility of their kids experiencing indoctrination seriously. I agree not EVERYONE is that way but for some it is a genuine concern. People make pros/cons lists all the time and some are going to put the overwhelming presence of LDS church on the con part of their list when it comes to livin gin SLC. I don't think that's a controversial stance at all, it's a perfectly normal concern. Now to be fair even if they put that on the cons, the pros may still out weigh the cons and they move there but acting like there's no way that'd be a con is incorrect.
In all seriousness, I have lived next to two Mormon families for years. They have never once tried to proselytize myself or my kids. Nice people. I could care less about their particular religion as I certainly don’t wish to proselytize them either. I’m not sure if there is a Mormon “way” but if this is it they make great neighbors.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think it’s a mistake for you to project your…unique…way of thinking onto others. I don’t think it’s a particularly common view. I don’t think there are many NHL players that start foaming at the mouth when confronted about the possibility of living in a city that has churches in it. Maybe I’m wrong. I just struggle to imaging 99% of people getting this worked up about nothing. It seems pretty superstitious, honestly. You’re safe. Relax.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I don’t think there are many NHL players that start foaming at the mouth when confronted about the possibility of living in a city that has churches in it.

SLC isn't like any other 'city with churches' and you know that.

I don't know that it's anymore an issue than moving to small Canadian cities or whatever, but the LDS influence runs deep through the city and not every millionaire 20 something with options is going to be down with that.

Reactions: RemoAZ

rt

May 13, 2004

I don't know that it's anymore an issue than moving to small Canadian cities or whatever, but the LDS influence runs deep through the city and not every millionaire 20 something with options is going to be down with that.
I expressed similar thoughts in a previous post. We agree.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I think it’s a mistake for you to project your…unique…way of thinking onto others. I don’t think it’s a particularly common view. I don’t think there are many NHL players that start foaming at the mouth when confronted about the possibility of living in a city that has churches in it. Maybe I’m wrong. I just struggle to imaging 99% of people getting this worked up about nothing. It seems pretty superstitious, honestly. You’re safe. Relax.
Now that's some serious strawman 101 shit right there! :biglaugh:

Reactions: RemoAZ

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

Yep he knows that for sure, it wasn't an honest refute, it was meant to be smack talk.

Reactions: XX

FinnBear

Feb 21, 2016
I am very sorry this happened to you guys.
No one will ever forget the Coyotes and it is because of the dedicated fans that came out to make hockey in the desert work. And it did work, you were the victims of a set of unfortunate events.
As a fan, I have been through similar situation twice and I know the feeling - it sucks. Lest we forget the Coyotes.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
What a ride, eh? Game was incredible. So many memories. Everybody have a stiff drink and go take a walk. It will all be fine.

Yes, I will continue to watch the Coyutahns and all these kids tear up the league with GMBA. Because you probably aren't going to see a team back here in the five years...

Meruelo is a fish out of water, but his hands were also completely tied in this. Handled terribly by him (and the league -- mostly the league, believe it or not). You will hear more about why he wasn't/isn't a good owner (objectively true), but you probably won't hear the otherside anytime soon, which is a shame because an AZ franchise in the near-future is tied to him. Which is it's own sort of disgusting shame. But they wanted him out, and they got it by slowly dripping (mostly true) stories and applying pressure while also gagging him.

Peace out, haters. Good luck to you all, unless you're a legendary dick.

Also, hope you're all enjoying the inflation everyone insisted would not occur! lol Gold was at 1700/oz when I tried warning you. Hope some of you listened.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Again, looking at it from the player’s perspective that has the option of sending their kids to any school they want…what exactly would you be worried about? There is “indoctrination” everywhere you go in life…lots of things in society influence people and their decision making, this is nothing new or interesting. Choose your own indoctrination adventure I guess. Some people are strong willed and not easily influenced…others aren’t and are more permeable. I think you’re just trying to create the image of some problematic indoctrination campaign that doesn’t really exist. I get Jehova’s witnesses knocking on my door every few months…you know who never knocks on my door? Mormons haha.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona

You know whose influence runs deep in cities like CHI and DET and PHI? Gangs. Gangs and drug runners. I’ll take the Mormons, thanks.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
No it’s not.

No it wasn’t.
haha c'mon man, XX called out your "a city that has churches" bullshit immediately. You deliberately misrepresented my argument (cause clearly I also implied players would be "frothing at the mouth") and then skewered it. That's pretty much the definition of a strawman!

Reactions: XX

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Again, looking at it from the player’s perspective that has the option of sending their kids to any school they want…what exactly would you be worried about? There is “indoctrination” everywhere you go in life…lots of things in society influence people and their decision making, this is nothing new or interesting. Choose your own indoctrination adventure I guess. Some people are strong willed and not easily influenced…others aren’t and are more permeable. I think you’re just trying to create the image of some problematic indoctrination campaign that doesn’t really exist. I get Jehova’s witnesses knocking on my door every few months…you know who never knocks on my door? Mormons haha.
God dammnit foggy, I know you can read, stop trying to refute what you feel like I'm saying and just comment on what I actually said. I'm not worried about it happening, I don't give a flying f*** if players love, hate, or are indifferent to playing in SLC. All I said is it's quite possible some will prefer not to be there for the reasons I stated. How the f*** am I wrong? Please, tell me how that's not a possibility?!?!

rt

May 13, 2004
haha c'mon man, XX called out your "a city that has churches" bullshit immediately. You deliberately misrepresented my argument (cause clearly I also implied players would be "frothing at the mouth") and then skewered it. That's pretty much the definition of a strawman!
I was saying you have an extreme outlook.

God dammnit foggy, I know you can read, stop trying to refute what you feel like I'm saying and just comment on what I actually said. I'm not worried about it happening, I don't give a flying f*** if players love, hate, or are indifferent to playing in SLC. All I said is it's quite possible some will prefer not to be there for the reasons I stated. How the f*** am I wrong? Please, tell me how that's not a possibility?!?!
Most people aren’t this unhinged. If they were, SLC would have more of a player problem than they will. So we all have a lot to be thankful for.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Haha yes, if you want me to agree that all people thinking about living in Utah have differing views and don’t think uniformly, yes I agree! Of course that’s going to be the case for some people. I assumed this was obvious. My argument is that I think anyone taking that stance and making that into such a negative that it prevents them from living there, is likely creating a bigger problem in their imagination than they would likely be presented with in real day to day life. But of course, everyone and every family is different and has different wants and needs and different things that will drive their decisions. No big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad