Rumor: If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 37.2%
  • Maybe/Undecided

Votes: 46 29.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
So I heard on. Utah broadcast, that the they have “unconfirmed “ reports that a prerequisite to the deal having been approved by the State, was that the team had to be named Utah .etc etc.. not Salt Lake city etc etc

It was on a podcast by the Utah Football Fans.. so not a news podcast by any means.. but interesting if true

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Here is another Yeti one ..

1713465421790.png

Reactions: Foggy1097

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
That Podcast I was listening to went through a ton of names that they have heard being kicked around social media.

These guys do not want Yeti , are worried that is what will happen. They really want the Golden Eagles, because of the throw back Jerseys , but think it will be difficult because of Vegas.

They do not want Blizzard , also because of the Avs..

But what they do want, and I thought it was a joke was Brine Shrimp ... ?? but it wasn't

The other which I hope was a joke was the Bringahm Youngs. I still do not know if this was a joke or not. I wouldn't be a fan of either of these 2 names ..

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
That Podcast I was listening to went through a ton of names that they have heard being kicked around social media.

These guys do not want Yeti , are worried that is what will happen. They really want the Golden Eagles, because of the throw back Jerseys , but think it will be difficult because of Vegas.

But what they do want, and I thought it was a joke was Brine Shrimp ... ?? but it wasn't

The other which I hope was a joke was the Bringahm Youngs. I still do not know if this was a joke or not. I wouldn't be a fan of either of these 2 names ..
Outlaws was one I saw today. I like that.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Utah Scorpions was the last cool name I could think of…I think that’s about it for the real contenders.
View attachment 854008View attachment 854009View attachment 854010View attachment 854011
I like the color combo..

I really like the color combo .. black copper and purple ... if we can get the logo smaller.. thats what I am struggling with

Reactions: Bunch of Jurcos

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Yep. Definitely need them smaller. But still lots of cool concepts to work off of, where you can see that with some tweaking they would be really cool.
IMG_2638.jpeg
IMG_2637.jpeg
IMG_2636.jpeg
IMG_2634.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Llewzaher

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Link?

rt

May 13, 2004
Grizzlies is my favorite because of the tradition. They won’t choose it for various reasons, though.

Bighorns is my second favorite but I really don’t think Smith is just gonna pick a cool local critter.

Pioneers would be fine with me but I don’t think he wants a name that looks back. I think he wants something unique and/or forward looking.

I think Stingers is possible but it might not be the pick because it’s kind of just old fashioned Utah imagery with local critter kinda combo. Doesn’t feel unique/edgy enough for our tech bro wunderkindt owner.

I could see Yeti, but I wonder/hope about branding issues/expenses with the popular consumer goods brand. I do HATE the Yeti idea. But it’s probably the most likely.

I could see Venom. Perhaps more bee oriented rather than snake oriented.

I’ve only seen Black Diamonds suggested a couple of places, doesn’t seem like a common suggestion. I do think it’s the type of thing that would appeal to Smith. But might be too obscure to even make it to his desk.

I could see them going with Golden Eagle style branding and imagery. But with a newfangle name. Like Utah Talons or something like that.

I really don’t think he’s just gonna choose cougars or wolves or any cowboy stuff.

Reactions: Puckrobber

rt

May 13, 2004
can you do a pioneers jersey with a covered wagon logo?
I believe this is the exact kind of thing Smith wants distance from. I think the whole point of bringing NHL hockey and the winter games to SLC for Smith is showing that SLC is hip and young and new and not little house on the prairie FLDS anymore. It’s a tech corridor with micro brews and long boards.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Grizzlies is my favorite because of the tradition. They won’t choose it for various reasons, though.

Bighorns is my second favorite but I really don’t think Smith is just gonna pick a cool local critter.

Pioneers would be fine with me but I don’t think he wants a name that looks back. I think he wants something unique and/or forward looking.

I think Stingers is possible but it might not be the pick because it’s kind of just old fashioned Utah imagery with local critter kinda combo. Doesn’t feel unique/edgy enough for our tech bro wunderkindt owner.

I could see Yeti, but I wonder/hope about branding issues/expenses with the popular consumer goods brand. I do HATE the Yeti idea. But it’s probably the most likely.

I could see Venom. Perhaps more bee oriented rather than snake oriented.

I’ve only seen Black Diamonds suggested a couple of places, doesn’t seem like a common suggestion. I do think it’s the type of thing that would appeal to Smith. But might be too obscure to even make it to his desk.

I could see them going with Golden Eagle style branding and imagery. But with a newfangle name. Like Utah Talons or something like that.

I really don’t think he’s just gonna choose cougars or wolves or any cowboy stuff.
Yep, I pretty much agree. I think it is going to end up coming down to Yeti or something bee related…Hive, Swarm, Venom…

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I believe this is the exact kind of thing Smith wants distance from. I think the whole point of bringing NHL hockey and the winter games to SLC for Smith is showing that SLC is hip and young and new and not little house on the prairie FLDS anymore. It’s a tech corridor with micro brews and long boards.

I was thinking this walking around Tempe. Exactly the type of market the NHL wants.

Reactions: rt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad