Rumor: If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 37.2%
  • Maybe/Undecided

Votes: 46 29.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Yes was all you needed to say, then we agree. As for the rest of your naive puritan rant, I'm not sure if I should call you out for the false choice or just go ahead and file that away in the ignorant stereotype bucket rt just set out there. I think I'll choose the latter so we don't derail this thread any longer. lol
When these guys can send their kids to whatever school they want, what exactly is your concern? I guess I just don’t get it. Would you be worried about getting converted? Just inundated with Mormonism so much that eventually your will broke down and you gave up and said “Ok Joseph Smith, fine! You got me too!” If you really don’t want to be Mormon they you just….don’t be Mormon and go on living your life as a millionaire athlete doing basically whatever you want. I really don’t understand your stance.

Reactions: DustyDangler

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I would expect that eventually people are drawn to play in SLC for many of the same reasons they were in AZ. Sure winters are colder, but lots of fun beautiful outdoorsy things to do, pretty clean, safe, well run city. Less attention, pressure, distractions than huge markets…nice place to raise a family. Some people will love it others won’t. I imagine players with wives and kids will be more drawn to it probably than the bachelor types that are looking to party a lot…but who knows?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I would expect that eventually people are drawn to play in SLC for many of the same reasons they were in AZ. Sure winters are colder, but lots of fun beautiful outdoorsy things to do, pretty clean, safe, well run city. Less attention, pressure, distractions than huge markets…nice place to raise a family. Some people will love it others won’t. I imagine players with wives and kids will be more drawn to it probably than the bachelor types that are looking to party a lot…but who knows?
The night life isn’t really the same as it is here.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
The night life isn’t really the same as it is here.
Exactly, yeah. That’s why I think the single guys on the prowl may not be as into it…if they’re looking for a wife maybe they’re more into it haha, who knows right? Depends on the person. I think making an argument that wives and guys with families will not want to go there is honestly insane mental gymnastics…I think the exact opposite will prove to be true.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Honeycomb hockey nets. Been lying around sick the last couple days and now I need to join an AI anonymous group.
View attachment 853904View attachment 853905View attachment 853907View attachment 853908
The logos, are a Tad busy , but I am impressed with how good of @ job you did, I can imagine how hard it would be to get all of that into the logo .. I like the top jersey the best, with the blue from the second one… but the logo from last one

Different color scheme and then I’ll lay off the bee stuff haha. I’m sick, and bored. Humor me.
View attachment 853916View attachment 853917View attachment 853918
Love the colours of the bottom one

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
The logos, are a Tad busy , but I am impressed with how good of @ job you did, I can imagine how hard it would be to get all of that into the logo .. I like the top jersey the best, with the blue from the second one… but the logo from last one
Yeah they almost always came out busier than I’d like

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Maaybe, it is not Scottsdale but it isn't Winnipeg or Buffalo or Ottawa etc.

SLC is nice...I don't think it will be as tough a sale as you are suggesting.
I think the owner rollling out the red carpet and treating them better will be the key..

That said I would like to see NBA interviews talking about the place

Thanks man, loved a lot of yours too. I think the Ice Wolves might be my new favorite option
I may try snowcats , as I heard that name on twitter

The bottom one is my fav

Edit.. actually snowcats likely too close to Panthers

Last edited:

Snarky Coyote

Sponsor
May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
SLC is nice. I support it for work and spend a good deal of time there, but the singles scene is poor; if you want to start a family, it's a wonderful place to live, with lots of outdoorsy stuff, too—gods country. A certain type of free agent will want to go there. Getting younger players to sign there may be harder, but Vegas is a very short trip for nightlife so I don't think its going to be that big of a deal really.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
SLC is nice. I support it for work and spend a good deal of time there, but the singles scene is poor; if you want to start a family, it's a wonderful place to live, with lots of outdoorsy stuff, too—gods country. A certain type of free agent will want to go there. Getting younger players to sign there may be harder, but Vegas is a very short trip for nightlife so I don't think its going to be that big of a deal really.
It must be a short flight back home to PHX as well no?

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
No ill will to Salt Lake... genuinely hope they enjoy the team.

I don't know if I will be a fan though, I haven't watched or paid attention much the last few years to the Coyotes so I don't know... probably more likely that I don't

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Gutted for you guys. I grew up in CT where the only sports in town were UConn basketball and the Hartford Whalers. My family had season tix to the Whalers and I skated a few times at the Hartford Civic Center as a kid. I still have my old Starter jackets and jerseys. Losing the team was awful so I know how you feel. Hoping you guys get a new team sooner rather than later.

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
Condolences Yotes fans, it's a gutted feeling.

If you became a hockey fan because of them but don't choose to support the team with the move, hopefully you won't fall out of love or lose interest in the game entirely. At some point here can be other teams worthy of your fandom..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad