If the Avs had Matt Carle and Jason Garrison, would they be a cup contender?

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Looking back at history, the Avs had at least a chance to acquire both Matt Carle (UFA) and Jason Garrison (trade for basically a 2nd round pick).

If the Avs had both players on their blueline. Would they be a playoff team and possibly a cup contender on par with Tampa?

Both are lefty D men. Presumably either the Stuart trade would not have happened OR Hejda would have been traded at some point.

D would look something like

Hejda-Johnson
Carle-Barrie
Garrison-Guenen/Redmond/Someone else

give or take for the last few seasons.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
carle and garrison are better than hejda so they would be higher on the depth chart.

playoff team, sure but the forward depth is still poor and needs improvement to be legit cup contender. and that would be hard to improve as carle and garrison eat about 10 mil of cap space.

and what mars said. he was only going back to florida. i think blues tried to trade berglund for him but garrison blocked it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think about the same as most people here... the Avs would be a playoff team, and I think they would advance a round and give the team in the 2nd round a good series.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Probably a playoff team. But I'm not really a Matt Carle fan. I don't think anyone is.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Probably. Colorado has needed and continues to need another two defensemen who can reliably play 20 minutes per night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad