If Team Sweden was a NHL-team, would they win the cup?

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Filip Forsberg - Nicklas Bäckström - William Nylander
Viktor Arvidsson - Mika Zibanejad - Rickard Rakell
Elias Lindholm - William Karlsson - Jakob Silfverberg
Gabriel Landeskog - Mikael Backlund - Patric Hörnqvist

Mattias Ekholm - Erik Karlsson
Hampus Lindholm - John Klingberg
Victor Hedman - Oliver Ekman Larsson

Henrik Lundqvist
Jacob Markström

Lets ignore that the cap even existst....

Was tough to leave out veterans like Sedins, Z, Loui etc....but i wanted young fast team....

Is this team good enough to win the cup? Does it have enough grit?

No spot for Adrian Kempe, OP? 3rd in rookie scoring this year with 10 goals. Tied for 5th with Landeskog in goals among all Swedish forwards. Just sayin'...

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
No spot for Adrian Kempe, OP? 3rd in rookie scoring this year with 10 goals. Tied for 5th with Landeskog in goals among all Swedish forwards. Just sayin'...

I don't see who he beats out, it's still unclear if he's for real or not. If I had to put a rookie there I'd rather go with Bratt, but both of them might beat out Lindholm in another year.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Took until post 11 for the dumb comment to come hijacking a fun thread. 9 posts later than I would have guessed. Bravo Canada! (insert sarcastic clapping emoji)

"Dumb"? There are two dumb things here:
1) the question that asks if a non cap-compliant team made up of the best players from one of the top 2-3 hockey nations in the world would win the Cup. There's only one answer: of course they effing would. It's pretty much the total consensus in the thread too: what a coincidence uh? (Insert sarcastic clapping emoji).
2) considering point 1 (=a question that has ONLY one answer, and such a blatantly evident one at that), your statement that describes that question to be "fun". Is water wet? Why, yes it is. Yayyyy, that's fun. Is night time darker than day time? Why, yes it is. Yayyyy, that's fun too. (Insert sarcastic clapping emoji)

So, if a Swedish guy does a thread to massage his own ego about the fact that a Swedish all-star team that wouldn't have to deal with the cap (while all others would), would win the Cup... To that, I say that it's obvious beyond belief - that is not fun, in my book - and let's see how much ego massaging would there be if the same kind of advantages (pick any player from one top nation, regardless of cap) were extended for example to... Canada. Too easy to move the goal posts to make one team (= All-star Sweden, no cap involved) much better than anyone else (= all the NHL teams). Got that now, Mr "sarcastic clapping emoji"?

You know what would have been fun? To make a full Swedish team, but CAP COMPLIANT. You know, to even up things and make it a level field of play (seeing a team with 4 lines made of top line folks beating on teams with third liners and fourth liners is not exactly fun. It's a beat down).
Any clapping - sarcastic or not - left in your tank for this idea? Do tell.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
"Dumb"? There are two dumb things here:
1) the question that asks if a non cap-compliant team made up of the best players from one of the top 2-3 hockey nations in the world would win the Cup. There's only one answer: of course they effing would. It's pretty much the total consensus in the thread too: what a coincidence uh? (Insert sarcastic clapping emoji).
2) considering point 1 (=a question that has ONLY one answer, and such a blatantly evident one at that), your statement that describes that question to be "fun". Is water wet? Why, yes it is. Yayyyy, that's fun. Is night time darker than day time? Why, yes it is. Yayyyy, that's fun too. (Insert sarcastic clapping emoji)

So, if a Swedish guy does a thread to massage his own ego about the fact that a Swedish all-star team that wouldn't have to deal with the cap (while all others would), would win the Cup... To that, I say that it's obvious beyond belief - that is not fun, in my book - and let's see how much ego massaging would there be if the same kind of advantages (pick any player from one top nation, regardless of cap) were extended for example to... Canada. Too easy to move the goal posts to make one team (= All-star Sweden, no cap involved) much better than anyone else (= all the NHL teams). Got that now, Mr "sarcastic clapping emoji"?

You know what would have been fun? To make a full Swedish team, but CAP COMPLIANT. You know, to even up things and make it a level field of play (seeing a team with 4 lines made of top line folks beating on teams with third liners and fourth liners is not exactly fun. It's a beat down).
Any clapping - sarcastic or not - left in your tank for this idea? Do tell.
Dude, why are you so upset? Relax, it's just a forum.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Dude, why are you so upset? Relax, it's just a forum.
You are right. It would be a good start if some people wouldn't call other folks' statement "dumb" or talking about "insert sarcastic clapping emoji". Then there wouldn't be any need to pay them back in the same currency.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Would Canada win the Cup if the cap didn't exist? Silly thread, as many allstar teams can be concocted that way outdo the cap, that would clearly win the cup!
Seems pretty evident to me too. I agree wholeheartedly.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
You are right. It would be a good start if some people wouldn't call other folks' statement "dumb" or talking about "insert sarcastic clapping emoji". Then there wouldn't be any need to pay them back in the same currency.
There really isn't any need. Just be the bigger person.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Filip Forsberg - Nicklas Bäckström - William Nylander
Viktor Arvidsson - Mika Zibanejad - Rickard Rakell
Elias Lindholm - William Karlsson - Jakob Silfverberg
Gabriel Landeskog - Mikael Backlund - Patric Hörnqvist

Mattias Ekholm - Erik Karlsson
Hampus Lindholm - John Klingberg
Victor Hedman - Oliver Ekman Larsson

Henrik Lundqvist
Jacob Markström

Lets ignore that the cap even existst....

Was tough to leave out veterans like Sedins, Z, Loui etc....but i wanted young fast team....

Is this team good enough to win the cup? Does it have enough grit?
Hedman on the third pair.........

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
You definitely want Zetterberg in that lineup. He scored 68 points on a terrible team last year with no help from the defense. Pretty sure he'd more than hold his own surrounded by that.
Yeah and his leadership.

This is a no brainer thread, I hope you aren't going to do Canada and the US too.

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
"Let's ignore the cap"

No, you cannot. Without a cap, it's as stupid as asking if Team Canada would instantly win the cup. Sweden is the second best international team in the World. They would obviously steamroll any NHL Team.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
If memes were an NHL team would they win a single game?

Phil 'the thrill' Kessel - Rob Scremp Hockey - Filly don't do rebounds
???? - ???? -????

Martin 'puck poise' Skoula - NHL player Derrick Morris
???? - ????

Vesa Tosklola
????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad