If STL fail again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
The Blues have just gone through a mini-retool to embrace the younger core of Tarasenko, Schwartz, Pietro and Parayko. They have a good cupboard of promising prospects, highlighted by two excellent LHD who are vying to see who can break onto the roster this season. It won't be the least surprising of Gunnarsson gets traded after camp to make room for one of Dunn or maybe Walman.

But the Blues' best players are just entering their primes, and the roster is a lot less flawed than it was. I'm not sold on Schenn at center yet, but there are a lot more solutions to the top 6 C question now than there were a year or two ago.

Bottom line, I don't see why the team would make a panic trade if this season doesn't end up going as well as hoped. The front office view the team as ascendant again. I won't be the least surprised if they find another WCF in this or next season. The Western Conference is pretty open.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
What are you two talking about? This could not be further from the truth if you were trying to spout non-sense intentionally. The Blues core is ridiculously young:

Allen - 26
Pietrangelo - 27
Parayko - 24
Edmundson - 24
Fabbri - 21
Tarasenko - 25
Schwartz - 25
Schenn - 26
Barbashev - 21

The elder statesmen on the team aren't exactly washed up yet either:
Steen - 33
Stastny - 31
Bouwmeester- 33
Berglund - 29

...and their prospect-pool hasn't been this deep and strong in a decade:
Tage Thompson, Jordan Kyrou, Robert Thomas, Klim Kostin, Zach Sanford
Vince Dunn, Jake Walman, Jordan Schmaltz, Niko Mikkola
Ville Husso

...this team is nowhere near falling out of contention. If anything, they're 1 player away (#1C) from being strong contenders for the Cup for the forseable future.

Yeah, the blues are good at center, but you need to be great at that position to win a championship. I agree that a premier #1 center automatically puts them in serious cup contention, but the problem is that this peice is typically the most elusive one to find, and there are also other teams out there that would feel they are a premier center away from doing big things too.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The Blues have just gone through a mini-retool to embrace the younger core of Tarasenko, Schwartz, Pietro and Parayko. They have a good cupboard of promising prospects, highlighted by two excellent LHD who are vying to see who can break onto the roster this season. It won't be the least surprising of Gunnarsson gets traded after camp to make room for one of Dunn or maybe Walman.

But the Blues' best players are just entering their primes, and the roster is a lot less flawed than it was. I'm not sold on Schenn at center yet, but there are a lot more solutions to the top 6 C question now than there were a year or two ago.

Bottom line, I don't see why the team would make a panic trade if this season doesn't end up going as well as hoped. The front office view the team as ascendant again. I won't be the least surprised if they find another WCF in this or next season. The Western Conference is pretty open.
Pretty much how i see it,STL doesnt do knee jerk moves.

They have been a consistant playoff team for years,maybe they havent had the pieces to take out the big dogs .But making the payoffs and their ownership seeing a decent return every season.As well as giving their fans playoff hockey is a good thing.Dispite others claiming winning one cup while losing for decades is better,as a buissness model it is surely not

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Given how their season was going prior to firing Hitchcock....i wouldn't even say last season was a failure

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
What are you two talking about? This could not be further from the truth if you were trying to spout non-sense intentionally. The Blues core is ridiculously young:

Allen - 26
Pietrangelo - 27
Parayko - 24
Edmundson - 24
Fabbri - 21
Tarasenko - 25
Schwartz - 25
Schenn - 26
Barbashev - 21

The elder statesmen on the team aren't exactly washed up yet either:
Steen - 33
Stastny - 31
Bouwmeester- 33
Berglund - 29

...and their prospect-pool hasn't been this deep and strong in a decade:
Tage Thompson, Jordan Kyrou, Robert Thomas, Klim Kostin, Zach Sanford
Vince Dunn, Jake Walman, Jordan Schmaltz, Niko Mikkola
Ville Husso

...this team is nowhere near falling out of contention. If anything, they're 1 player away (#1C) from being strong contenders for the Cup for the forseable future.

Yeah, I think this 2017-2018 team has a chance to be the best Blues team in this current era.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Sometimes I wonder if people are looking at the same Blues team I am because the way people are talking this offseason about them have me legitimately convinced they are talking about an entirely different organization.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I'd say the Blues did very well this year actually. There weren't any expectations for them either as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad