If S. Kostitsyn were to re-enter the draft...

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Last edited:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
why would they pick him again when they where unable to sign him the first time :dunno:

Because the player has all the leverage the first time - as he can threaten to go back into the draft - but the team has all the leverage the second time. If Kostitsyn wants to play in North America, he would have to sign with whoever re-drafts him or wait another two years.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Because the player has all the leverage the first time - as he can threaten to go back into the draft - but the team has all the leverage the second time. If Kostitsyn wants to play in North America, he would have to sign with whoever re-drafts him or wait another two years.

i see, but i still dont understand why you would want a guy that doesnt want to sign with you. allthough i dont think thats the case with kostitsyn. i believe he will sign and not re-enter.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
well, you could learn some things by googleing Matt Harrington

i just did:biglaugh:

doesnt look like he made the right move. he was picked 5 times :eek:

last time he was picked #1089 overall. i had no idea they had so many rounds in the MLB draft.

oh, man did he loose some big time money on that stupid stuff:biglaugh:

znk

Nov 5, 2005
Montreal
i see, but i still dont understand why you would want a guy that doesnt want to sign with you. allthough i dont think thats the case with kostitsyn. i believe he will sign and not re-enter.

He dosent sign because he thinks he can get a better deal. When you draft him again...either he waits out again...or he signs. Chances are he wont want to wait again.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
He dosent sign because he thinks he can get a better deal. When you draft him again...either he waits out again...or he signs. Chances are he wont want to wait again.

yeah, ok. good explanation.:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad