If Quenneville gets fired hope Canucks get him

xtr3m

Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver
Hiring coach Q would further expose the horrible state that this franchise is in ("if they can't win with him, they can't win with anyone").

The family needs another scapegoat. They'll hire Green and fire him in two years.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
Hiring coach Q would further expose the horrible state that this franchise is in ("if they can't win with him, they can't win with anyone").

The family needs another scapegoat. They'll hire Green and fire him in two years.

Yeah my dollars are on a Green hiring.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
3 cups in 6 years...no way he gets fired

Yeah, I think Bowman is too astute to do something like that. I mean it's possible, given the LA situation. Only way is if the owner is a short-sighted dickbag like Aquilini. Quenneville would have to really botch the next season or two (miss playoffs/1st round exits). But I feel like more blame will fall on Toews based on his contract.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Why would he come cheap? He can ask a lot and get it.

I said relatively cheap. Like I said, he has 3 years left on his contract with Chicago for reportedly $6M a season. My understanding is that he's being paid that amount no matter what. He's not going to be paid more and he's not going to be paid less. If he's fired and the Canucks hire him (which likely won't happen) the Canucks can negotiate with the Blackhawks so that the Blackhawks pay part of the salary much like the Canucks are paying part of Torts' salary.

Regardless, if Quenneville is willing to come to the Canucks, the Canucks should have no problems paying Quenneville the 2nd highest coaching salary in the league and I don't think the Aquilinis' would balk.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I said relatively cheap. Like I said, he has 3 years left on his contract with Chicago for reportedly $6M a season. My understanding is that he's being paid that amount no matter what. He's not going to be paid more and he's not going to be paid less. If he's fired and the Canucks hire him (which likely won't happen) the Canucks can negotiate with the Blackhawks so that the Blackhawks pay part of the salary much like the Canucks are paying part of Torts' salary.

Regardless, if Quenneville is willing to come to the Canucks, the Canucks should have no problems paying Quenneville the 2nd highest coaching salary in the league and I don't think the Aquilinis' would balk.

Compensation for coaches is gone, which is why we got paid for torts.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
yeah, the canucks picking up guys who beat us in the playoffs in heartbreaking ways is always the smart play. messier, keenan, benning...

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
never gonna happen.

200.gif

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Compensation for coaches is gone, which is why we got paid for torts.

That I know. I did some more research and it seems that if a fired coach gets rehired the previous contract is voided and the new team signs a new contract with the coach?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad