Speculation: IF one develops into Center, who would it be? (Laf, Kakko, Kravtsov)

IF one of these players develops into a center, who do you think it would be?

• Alexis Lafreniere

• Kaapo Kakko

• Vitali Kravtsov

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Wasn’t kravtsov hurt in that tournament?

Maybe, it felt like he never could play or skate hard because he was constantly scrambling to stay in position. Like wasn’t he just selected top prospect outside the NHL?

I am not saying that he played bad in the WJC. But his play there was say on par with a 2-3 round pick. A team like Russia will have maybe something like 2-4 first round picks, 3-5 second round picks and the same in the 3rd. So he was of course still one of the better players on Team Russia. But a top 10 pick that is doing really well in the KHL should litterary be a dominating force at the WJC.

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
Kravtsov is more of a playmaker than Laf and Kakko. I also think he see’s the ice and reads the plays better.

Laf is the ultimate talent, but not a playmaker, and Kakko potentially is going to be the physical beast that does what CK20 does when he’s good.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Basically this entire idea is ‘because it’s a need let’s invent a center out of thin air’ and whether it’s Laf, Kravtsov or Kakko they’re going to be coming up short in some area or two or three and if they aren’t productive—take a step back it might not be helpful to their development. More under 20 centers eventually end up as wings than centers. It usually doesn’t work wings becoming centers.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Maybe, it felt like he never could play or skate hard because he was constantly scrambling to stay in position. Like wasn’t he just selected top prospect outside the NHL?

I am not saying that he played bad in the WJC. But his play there was say on par with a 2-3 round pick. A team like Russia will have maybe something like 2-4 first round picks, 3-5 second round picks and the same in the 3rd. So he was of course still one of the better players on Team Russia. But a top 10 pick that is doing really well in the KHL should litterary be a dominating force at the WJC.

ok.
but dat wuz den an dis is now.

After last night, NOW what do ya think?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Kravtsov is more of a playmaker than Laf and Kakko. I also think he see’s the ice and reads the plays better.

Laf is the ultimate talent, but not a playmaker, and Kakko potentially is going to be the physical beast that does what CK20 does when he’s good.
1) since when is Lafreniere not a playmaker??
2) I cannot believe this is still being discussed. None of them are going to be centers. Not really sure where the fantasy came from than every single first round forwards is a future center.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
As the late, great George Harrison said:
this guitar knows it is better to love than to hate

and esp since @cwede merely invoke Boo's name.

I was WAY WAY WAY ahead of the curve on
Kappo - Krav - Panarin
as I predicted, breadman + KK work well.

Revising the rest of the above,
Kreider-Zib-Blackwell [a stopgap for right now at RW]

then def
LaF-Chytil-Gauthier
which has worked but needs more mins

4th line, checking and emerging kids

and bern, who is dissed as never right, called it:
trade Buch, Strome, Deangelo

but let's keep him out of the Trades thread b'c he stuck to his guns about Boo Nieves, who was still a worthwhile experiment at the time...

We should make a thread that chronicles every effing thing I say and go back and see how often I am right or wrong; and if/when I miss, to what degree.
None of this has come true, so no you are not right or "way ahead of the curve."

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
None of this has come true, so no you are not right or "way ahead of the curve."

calling out for BS
phase 1: put KK w/breadman, check, looks very good
that has already happened

phase 2: Krav gets here and is so good ...
that is now in progress

... so many are calling for my experiment which is next.
that is soon to happen

NO
I WAS and AM ahead of the curve on this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad