Speculation: IF one develops into Center, who would it be? (Laf, Kakko, Kravtsov)

IF one of these players develops into a center, who do you think it would be?

• Alexis Lafreniere

• Kaapo Kakko

• Vitali Kravtsov

Results are only viewable after voting.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
We have quite the winger logjam, some people want us to make a move for another center ranging from a Cirelli or Domi, to a Barkov or Eichel. Some want us to develop from within, IF one of these young wingers were to develop into a center who do you think it would be? Who is best suited for it?

Lafreniere has not played center for a long time but is easily the most skilled of the group. Kakko & Kravtsov both have experience at center, notably Kravtsov in the WJC. Kakko played some center in Liiga. When we drafted Kravtsov our front office said they seen him as a potential center in the future.

My pick would be Kravtsov as he is the best skater of the 3 and his game reminds me a lot of Pettersson’s. I also think he has more to prove and would be the more willing to compromise as Laf & Kakko will have more handed to them based on their pedigree. We’re moreso building around Kakko & Laf, and if we were to make a move for a high end center there’s a good chance Kravtsov would be dealt in that package.

Reactions: bernmeister

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
All of them. Ultimate center depth!!!
unlimited-power_o_7086525.jpg

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
We’re gonna do this Oprah style until we land one, aren’t we?

You’re a center! And you’re a center! And you’re a center!

You’re all centers!!!

Except you, the center who isn’t coming along fast enough. You’re a winger...

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Probably Laf, but 99 times out of 100 its a drafted center becoming a winger in the NHL, not the other way around.

Kuznetsov and Aho are good examples of wingers moving to the middle. But both played center in junior hockey so it makes it a bit easier. Lafreniere hasn't, as far as I know

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
You morons. We’re set at Center.
Boo, Zbad, Barron, Howden
In truth, even less
Boo is UFA, didnt get enough NHL games
Barron likely a wing
If Strome leaves. they'll replace him
J.Richards is my long shot for 4th C

Reactions: Anthony5967

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I know small sample size but Kravtsov. Didn't he play center at the world juniors with a bad tricep injury and played well. I wouldn't mess with Lafreniere and Kakko's position.
I would hope Chytil gets better and tries to grab the 2C spot and what about Barron? I thought he was supposed to be possibility for decent bottom 6 center with size?!

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Just play your good players in their positions of strength. We're a better lineup, deeper lineup with them on the W, and there's no need to shoehorn a kid into a position he's not used to playing.

Reactions: eco's bones

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We’re gonna do this Oprah style until we land one, aren’t we?

You’re a center! And you’re a center! And you’re a center!

You’re all centers!!!

Except you, the center who isn’t coming along fast enough. You’re a winger...
Wait, wait Wasn't there someone who wanted to move DeAngelo to center?

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad