IF Nashville wins tomorrow....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I'm a firm believer in karma....this thread title should cause concerns for Preds fans...:laugh:

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Barring any injuries tonight or the next round, ya gotta think the winner of Nashville/Winnipeg is a lock for the Cup.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Barring any injuries tonight or the next round, ya gotta think the winner of Nashville/Winnipeg is a lock for the Cup.

I think you are underestimating the Knights and especially Tampa Bay, the Lighting can hurt you in so many ways.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Based on what...Tampa is at the same level for sure and they have more experience.
I think you are underestimating the Knights and especially Tampa Bay, the Lighting can hurt you in so many ways.

Only my opinion, folks.
I just think that the defense/size/physical play of those two teams will be too much for Vegas/Washington/Tampa.

Reactions: viper0220

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
The fact that he was even on that team.... :laugh:

I doubt Sid specifically requested Kunitz be added, but there's really only one reason why he was even considered.
He was a 30 goal scorer who had chemistry with the best player in hockey who is notorious for being picky about who he plays with. He earned it.

Who would you have put there instead?

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I saw that, it would be quite neat. Great accomplishment for anyone to win 1 cup let alone 3 in a row.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
He was a 30 goal scorer who had chemistry with the best player in hockey who is notorious for being picky about who he plays with. He earned it.

Who would you have put there instead?

Funny, I don't think Sid needed him there in Vancouver.

I would've rather seen Neal, MSL or Giroux take the spot that Kunitz ended up "earning".

I do seem to recall a rift between MSL and Yzerman at the time, though, with St. Louis wanting out of Tampa right around the time the team was being finalized. I think he was added later as a reserve.

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
I think if Tampa reaches the finals they'll be treated like the 2016 Pens. The sharks were favorites because they looked dominant in the west, but the pens were so fast that it was obvious from game 1 that the Pens would win.

If the Finals is Tampa vs Nash/Win, people will have a reality check real quick.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
Wasn't there a backup goaltender that lost in the finals 3 years in a row? Can't remember who though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad