GDT: If it quacks like a Duck, it's probably bad at hockey and will get blown away by a Hurricane.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Good teams sometimes lose to bad teams. Reading anything more into this is silly.

Absolutely.

I will also say, despite the shots, I don't really think we played a good game tonight. Lots of standing around and flinging it on net from distance without really working for it. Can't give full effort for only 10 mins and expect to win.

Can't fault them too much given they played last night. It was a decent comeback, but way too many mistakes to expect to win.

With that said, that effort gave me flashbacks to Game 7 against the Rangers. Can't say it doesn't make me a little worried that we could see us fall into that same flat footed offensive funk this year. Would feel a lot better if we add someone who can pick a corner with his shot. Its like we had a bullseye on the Ducks logo tonight.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

I don't know this guy but I've seen him behind Shane and Hannah before and honestly he's one of the reasons why I wouldn't be upset if they quit doing their shows in the concourses. He had a sign one time asking Hannah to go out with him, very weird.

Fans with schticks are either really awesome or really annoying. Unfortunately I feel like our fanbase has the latter, there's also the person with the inflatable suit.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

I don't know this guy but I've seen him behind Shane and Hannah before and honestly he's one of the reasons why I wouldn't be upset if they quit doing their shows in the concourses. He had a sign one time asking Hannah to go out with him, very weird.

Fans with schticks are either really awesome or really annoying.

I see this guy in the concourse every game

He's some 70 year old who acts like he's 20 with plenty of Botox that it showing it's age from being done 15 years ago. Walks around like he owns the place, and makes me roll my eyes heavily every time he walks by.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
With 24 games still to go, the Canes have overtaken the 21-22 Panthers for the highest raw corsi differential of the analytics era. They’re closing in on the 09-10 Hawks for the highest fenwick differential. The team is #1 in both categories on a percentage basis at the moment.

Not super meaningful by 2023 standards, but still notable. Corsicanes indeed.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
With 24 games still to go, the Canes have overtaken the 21-22 Panthers for the highest raw corsi differential of the analytics era. They’re closing in on the 09-10 Hawks for the highest fenwick differential. The team is #1 in both categories on a percentage basis at the moment.

Not super meaningful by 2023 standards, but still notable. Corsicanes indeed.

Hopefully our playoffs end like the 10 Hawks and not like the 22 Cats.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Also, I think I technically won an Emmy tonight. If you didn’t catch it, in the third period, they announced the broadcast team won an Emmy for Game 7 of the Bruins series last year. I didn’t catch what category it was, because the cheers over the headset drowned it out.

But since I contributed to that broadcast, I’m counting it as an Emmy win…or at least a honorary one.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
I see this guy in the concourse every game

He's some 70 year old who acts like he's 20 with plenty of Botox that it showing it's age from being done 15 years ago. Walks around like he owns the place, and makes me roll my eyes heavily every time he walks by.
Yep -
Rare svechhammer and Borsig agreement. Dude is a straight up boomerdouche.

Of all the "visible" fans, he's probably the biggest irritant. Unlike 3 horn guy. 3 horn guy needs like... IDK, a statue or something. A big statue cause he's a big dude.

By the way we sucked last night. I haven't watched the replays etc but from our seats andersen looked soft AF

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I sort of dislike these GDTs where no lineups are given. How am I supposed to know -- being perpetually behind the times as streaming at night is sort of not an option as I keep hearing -- whether Kotkaniemi is 2C or 4C, or if Jarvinen was traded or relegated to zamboni duty? You folks keep me guessing and I'm not good at that. (Yes, of course I can go to DTMTS to see what's what, or at least what was what, but it's not the same as reading a GDT. Some people are perverse like me and prefer the text version. It could be partially a HFCanes specific thing but don't you get any ideas)

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Watchin DeVilles v Flyers, the audio is about 5 seconds ahead of the video.. really strange…

that Hughes guy is pretty good, just like Svech, except his shots go into the net.
It was kind of funny how Kakko vs Hughes was briefly a thing. Well, it took some time, but now certainly one is not like the other. Not that anyone picked wrong there, but just funny.

Reactions: MisterDobz

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
We are in serious jeopardy of losing the division and seeing them pesky rangers in the 1st round. I wonder how that will go for us.
I keep an eye at Rongos for Kakko (admitted) and they're worried shitless they're Charmin soft after a super start of the season. They firing coaches now. Panarin is a bust, Tarasenko doesn't care, and Kane will be the wrong type. Apparently. I sometimes wonder if Rod the Bod keeps his room but they seem to think Gallant has lost his. Not in the Preds let alone Flyers fashion but somewhat.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Another 50+ shot game where we lose to a vastly inferior team.

I can already see the cult of personality Borg posts once we're eliminated before the ECF again.
There is something to that. Canes are dong well overall but this kind of loss shouldn't happen.

I'm with you guys. What tonight clearly shows is that this is a very flawed team. They should switch from buyers to sellers. What do you reckon Aho would return?
At least future considerations from Habs.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad