Proposal: "If I'm the Edmonton Oilers, I'm calling every team asking for their crappy wingers for Mark Fayne."

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
What is the point? Fayne's gone after this year anyways. Whatever you get for him doesn't make us better.
It's in the description. Re-investing salary into a player who can possibly make a difference on a new team. The players I've targeted are also gone after this year. It's moving bad cap over to a position of need. There's no certainty any one of these guys doesn't thrive in a new environment with a new opportunity. It's not a 'wow' trade, but it's doing something.

silly season
No, silly season is the in-depth discussion some posters insist on having regarding trades for players like Doughty, Tavares, or to a lesser extent Pacioretty. A lot of deals in the NHL are very literally nothing deals like this one.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
you seem giddy about bit, which means value is on oilers side. fehr for fayne @ 50 % and a 4th

The pendulum started on the Oilers side there (a free 6th for 200k), there it's to the Leafs side (the Oil take on 200k and give up a 4th), so let it swing back to the middle.

Fayne with retainment to equal Fehr's cap hit, and call it a day.

Last edited:

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
you seem giddy about bit, which means value is on oilers side. fehr for fayne @ 50 % and a 4th
Not giddy at all. Fehr doesn't really fall into the category of player I'm targeting, but I think he could still be a somewhat beneficial add. As Dazed and Confused mentioned, I'd still do the deal no picks, salary square though because it still falls into the trash for trash deal I've mentioned.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
The pendulum started on the Oilers side there (a free 6th for 200k), there it's to the Leafs side (the Oil take on 200k and give up a 4th), so let it swing back to the middle.

Fayne with retainment to equal Fehr's cap hit, and call it a day.
thank you for settling this. i apologize for my cooperativeness or lack there of

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Oh you say you want a defenseman with term?!?

Marc Staal it is!
I'd be more than happy to work out a deal for Rick Nash should the Rangers continue to struggle. Fayne would help take some of the edge off of that $7.8m cap hit. Prospects and picks added, obviously.

You're stuck with Staal though, unfortunately.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Not moving Read for Fayne. We already play Morin in the minors when everyone is healthy. Not adding another d man to the list to get in his way.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I dont know why some Leafs fans think Lou needs to get rid of Lupul. You know he doesnt count against the cap, right?
He doesn't help you out with your bonuses though. Considering the number of ELCs on Toronto's roster, they'll likely be a bit of a concern.

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
Not moving Read for Fayne. We already play Morin in the minors when everyone is healthy. Not adding another d man to the list to get in his way.

Would not be opposed to Read for Fayne as a base for a deal. Don’t know what the beef is against Morin, he should be up now with A-Mac down and the Flyers rolling with only 6 healthy defensemen at the moment. Anyways, maybe Read & Manning for Fayne & Letestu with the Oilers retaining on one guy for cap purposes, swap of pending UFAs so no real commitment for either side.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Would not be opposed to Read for Fayne as a base for a deal. Don’t know what the beef is against Morin, he should be up now with A-Mac down and the Flyers rolling with only 6 healthy defensemen at the moment. Anyways, maybe Read & Manning for Fayne & Letestu with the Oilers retaining on one guy for cap purposes, swap of pending UFAs so no real commitment for either side.

The team pretty clearly likes AMac. He isn't being sent down. I'd rather just keep read as a depth call up then give hex and hak another veteran defenseman to call up in front of Morin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad