GDT: If Connor Brown scores again I will...... Oilers v Sabres - 7 PM

If Connor Brown scores again (!) I will...... Oilers v Sabres - 7 PM

• Do naked snow angels on Jasper Ave

• Drive backwards down Whitemud using nothing but the reverse cam

• Eat 15 A&W Teenburgers washed down by Tardigrades favourite whiskey

• Let Cloned date my daughter (I will chaperone)

• Swim with Portuguese Man-0-War

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biltmore

Next Year...
Oct 22, 2015
I hope they cancelled everyone's Country Club memberships for the rest of the year.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
LMAO. Went to my first IM concert about 5 or 6 months ago. It was a good concert with a lot of energy but not really a standout in concerts I've been too. I love the guitar playing but I get your point with the Nursery Rhymes sound now that you pointed it out.. I guess it's a combination of the speedy guitar , the riffs and Bruce Dickinson's operatic voice. Listening through their catalog quickly, I do prefer their original singer from their first two ablums.
If you want the nursery sound, put on Jethro Tull brother.
I like Jethro Tull to a point, but yeah definitely some of that. I always preferred the rock side of Jethro Tull mostly.

I listen to Iron maiden songs and they seem to last forever. Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner for instance. I know I'm committing sacrilege saying the song sounds mostly the same for the entire hour...

People love the galloping base sound. I do, but it seems constant in Iron maiden songs. I like a varying base line like Rush, Led Zep, Black Sabbath and really Geezer invented anything IM are doing with a bass. I'm assuming they were big fans of Geezer.

I get that Iron Maiden musically are pretty good and their musicians accomplished. I don't like their sound. I'm in the camp of most of their catalog sounding the same and I can't stand Bruce Dickensons voice and spoken word king of singing. If I want to read a book I'll read a good book.

Perry is a sharp guy. It takes a keen hockey eye to note that McDavid was "a little quicker than Getzlaf". I loved that line.

I must say I have enjoyed having Perry on the team. And I never thought I'd say that!!
He's playing to the masses. I'd prefer he does more on ice. Or could do more. We're getting the real old version of Perry instead of the one I wanted when K Lowe nixed the deal. Alas.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
Buffalo is extra desperate and playing for their playoff lives. Can we match their work ethic or are we gonna just sit back until the third ? I think we all know the answer lol
Be too late if we even sit back in first to make a comeback in third. Buffalo has talent and can beat us bad if we're not ready

Last edited:
Reactions: Biltmore

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Answer: Iron Maiden songs usually have a ‘melody’.

GDT tune for @Drivesaitl:

;)

Take my music comments with large grain of salt. I still can't distinguish harmony from melody. Music theory to me is just not something I understand. Some people pick up such things or notation and playing naturally. Huge struggle for me. I only listen, have played drums but found that pretty difficult too. Always had a great interest in learning how to play, but a complete seeming inability to do so.

Even though my brain basically records every song I ever listen to, I can't detect or read notes etc. Unfortunately just sounds to me.

First thing I could never understand is music instruction. Nothing hit with me. Could be like a martian language to me. 2nd thing was Calculus. Both of these just stump me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morpheus

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Did you say ... son of Patrik ... Stefan ... ?

stilgar-goon-part-2.gif

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Answer: Iron Maiden songs usually have a ‘melody’.

GDT tune for @Drivesaitl:

;)

I do like my some Iron Maiden, but I've always been firmly on the Priest side of the age old Maiden vs. Priest debate. As each band continues to put out more new albums, the gap continues to grows for Priest with the only misstep really being Nostradamus but face it, that was their Iron Maiden album with long drawn out songs about a prophet.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Oh man.. I didn't google Portuguese Man of War until I already voted. I want to change my vote!!

Edit: vote changed. I used my eyes/brain!!

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Take my music comments with large grain of salt. I still can't distinguish harmony from melody. Music theory to me is just not something I understand. Some people pick up such things or notation and playing naturally. Huge struggle for me. I only listen, have played drums but found that pretty difficult too. Always had a great interest in learning how to play, but a complete seeming inability to do so.

Even though my brain basically records every song I ever listen to, I can't detect or read notes etc. Unfortunately just sounds to me.

First thing I could never understand is music instruction. Nothing hit with me. Could be like a martian language to me. 2nd thing was Calculus. Both of these just stump me.
Determining Harmony vs. Melody is pretty easy.

Just remember melody is what one person would sing or hum. Harmony is the sounds that more than one person may sign or hum.

Of course it can get more complex with instruments as one person can create harmonies by playing different notes at the same time with an instrument, but generally speaking humans only sing one note at time.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Mc2Curious

Feb 24, 2007
I'm wondering if everything doubles when BROWN scores 2 goals tonight. He just needs to melt these boards down LOL

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Every time the Oil play the Sabres I remember the old signature of a guy on here during the Oilers DOD that said:

"Oh, the Sabres, you think the suck is your ally. But you merely adopted the suck; We were born in it, molded by it".

Always thought that was a pretty epic sig haha

Reactions: Oilhawks

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
The ever elusive Kuchy separates himself from McDavid again!

I'm wondering if everything doubles when BROWN scores 2 goals tonight. He just needs to melt these boards down LOL
They will get him with assault charges.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
I do like my some Iron Maiden, but I've always been firmly on the Priest side of the age old Maiden vs. Priest debate. As each band continues to put out more new albums, the gap continues to grows for Priest with the only misstep really being Nostradamus but face it, that was their Iron Maiden album with long drawn out songs about a prophet.
Sad Wings of Destiny.

My fave album of all time.

drops mic

• Haha
Reactions: Messrules11

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Sabres beat us twice this year and I watched both live. Tonight the Oil get their revenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad