If Boston wins Cup they'll be only team to win w/out a Top 7 pick on roster since drafts introduced

Ned Bouhalassa

Mar 2, 2008
Montreal
Yeah i dont think boston does anything this year. I think theyll crap out.
This came to my mind:

bostonaliens.jpg

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Things change and teams can go on streaks but for the most part team depth wins championships and that's something Boston doesn't even remotely have

But the games have to be played so we'll see what happens

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Things change and teams can go on streaks but for the most part team depth wins championships and that's something Boston doesn't even remotely have

....?

Are you aware of the injuries this team has overcome and how impressive the roster is when healthy? It is not Tampa but no other team is.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
ANTI-JINX: ACTIVATED.
The B's are my home team and I love them....but they have not yet clinched a spot so let's not get ahead of ourselves. Thanks for the anti jinx :D

That being said the B's are playing like a bunch of brothers and there is always hope. It sure has been fun to watch .

Reactions: rocketdan9

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA

The weakest position for the Bruins is RW and I’d still take theirs over most in the league with Pastrnak, Johansson, Backes, and Wagner.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This is a big IF. Boston Is not good enough to win it all.
I don't know for sure but I don't believe the thread starter is a B's fan . Most Bruin's fans that I know (and I know many) are thrilled with the play off the B's of late but realize getting far into the playoffs would be very difficult. ...but I did think that in 2011 too so who knows ?

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I was just looking at this the other day. Boston have some really good players other teams could have had but passed on, unlike say a team like Pittsburgh who got key guys they only have because of high draft position. That Chara UFA signing has to be one of the better post lockout UFA signings.
At the time the Marc Savard signing was pretty good too...Sad he could not play in the playoffs and his career ended too soon. What a fun player he was to watch.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Had to be either Leach or Macliesh (sp?)

I honestly think this team is going to get by Tampa and win the cup this year. They sent Tampa a message recently.

The Montreal, birth-right crap is what got them their "dynasty years", so they don't count. :laugh:
Pair that with the majority of French Canadiens wanting to play for the Habs first anyways. But let’s not talk reason here.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Save it. I'm unwilling to listen to it. Fact is they hand-picked players which directly lead to their "success" in the 70s. Add all the mysterious ref help and you have those tainted cup wins.

Reflect on them and (somehow) enjoy them because there won't be another anytime soon. :laugh:

The90

Feb 27, 2017
People have been so wrong about the French-Canadian rule historically that they don't want to actually learn the truth. It is much more comforting for Bruins and Leafs fans to say "The Habs only won because they had an unfair advantage". It's nothing but a myth their parents told them to make them feel better about being losers
I know a good bit about it. They were visionary’s in how they set it up. And only used the birth right type rule one time (I think), but they were on a different playing field with the sponsored junior and minor teams. The league never caught up for a long time. Montreal was developing players before it was cool and had a huge prospect base to cherry pick the best from. The equivalent now would be the leafs sponsoring big money to all Ontario born players and claiming them as their own (yes I know that Ontario born players played on the Habs that’s not my point). They had a lot harder time after the draft was developed and what was left of the original dynasty aged out.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
That 3 in a row draft year helped.
Barzal, Connor , Chabot.

But seriously. How unreal would they have been if they made the right picks...
They are contender status as is.

People keep bringing up those players, but the truth is, as good as those players are, they might never have had the same trajectory or opportunity in the Boston system. I also still like the DeBrusk pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad