If a goal is scored and it is ruled goaltender interference...

TomDelonge

Apr 28, 2009
Boulder, CO
If a goal is scored and it is waved off due to goaltender interference because the D-man cross checked the opposing player into the goalie, shouldn't there be a penalty on that D-man? I don't understand why the goal gets waved off and the D-man gets away without a penalty for cross checking, especially when it is on a man without a puck.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
The goal counts when the defenseman pushes an opposing player into his own goalie. If that goal is being waved off for goaltender interference, there's a bigger problem there than the defenseman not getting a penalty.

unknownbrother

Apr 1, 2015
UK
If you mean the Bruins game that call was correct. Check from the defender wasn't too hard that the Bruins player couldn't stop before taking Bobrovsky out of the crease.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Rule states that the opposing player must make a visible effort to avoid the goalie. If you get cross checked in, refs will expecially check your skates because there should be a big ice spray from trying to brake

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Rule states that the opposing player must make a visible effort to avoid the goalie. If you get cross checked in, refs will expecially check your skates because there should be a big ice spray from trying to brake

Yes and if we're talking about this because of the goal that was recently called off, I honestly don't see why that goal stands. I've got no horse to bet on in a series between Colorado and San Jose, but I feel that Colorado really got screwed over there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad