will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008

Attachments

• 20220828_154338.jpg
    20220828_154338.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 168

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Drury, Avery, Antropov, Zherdev, Girardi, Redden, Voros, Valiquette…

Can’t really see the next two as they’re the smallest and it gets blurry, then it’s Sauer, someone whose name looks like Murray, Blair Betts, someone with a really familiar face (Colton Orr?), Dubi, not sure, Staal, Hank, Naslund, Cally and Gomez.

Reactions: will1066

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
One of the weakest assembled rosters of NYR post-lockout history.

The fact that they even made the postseason that year is a testament to how much Tortorella was able to get out of a low talent roster when he first arrived.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008

Can’t really see the next two as they’re the smallest and it gets blurry, then it’s Sauer, someone whose name looks like Murray, Blair Betts, someone with a really familiar face (Colton Orr?), Dubi, not sure, Staal, Hank, Naslund, Cally and Gomez.
That would be R.E.M. Murray

Reactions: LokiDog

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

I think that's Lauri Korpikoski between Staal and Dubinsky

I think the ones to the left of Valiqueete are Freddy Shoestrom and Rozsival

Reactions: Thirty One

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Think it is Mike Rupp instead of Rozsival. Lower right corner is Nik Zherdez, I believe. Above Girardi is Olli Jokinen?

Don’t think that’s Rupper, he always rocked an Easton bucket, the one on on Mystery Man is that old M1 Mission helmet which Rozy and a lot of dudes from mid-late 2000’s wore

Last edited:
Reactions: will1066

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008

Yes, Colton Orr. Missed reading Colton in your post and had the toughest time putting the name to the face.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Yes, Colton Orr. Missed reading Colton in your post and had the toughest time putting the name to the face.
In a season very near to this one, my brother was lucky enough to forge a work connection with Colton Orr's father in law, out in western Canada somewhere. Colton was nice enough to invite my brother and I up to the green room in the Garden to watch the game with him on the nights he was scratched.

The Green Room is the private team room where all of the family members watch the games and the team meets up with them afterwards.

Colton is a super nice dude. Real laid back, which is funny considering how ferocious he was on the ice. There were several games that season we just hung around and waited until after the game when all of the players came up. I met the entire team including Jagr. This was also the time when I became friends with Rod Gilbert, who I would run into and also work with several more times in the future.

Was a pinch-me-am-I-dreaming? moment.

Last edited:

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
In a season very near to this one, my brother was lucky enough to forge a work connection with Colton Orr's father in law, out in western Canada somewhere. Colton was nice enough to invite my brother and I up to the green room in the Garden to watch the game with him on the nights he was scratched.

The Green Room is the private team room where all of the family members watch the games and the team meets up with them afterwards.

Colton is a super nice dude. Real laid back, which is funny considering how ferocious he was on the ice. There were several games that season were we just hung around and waited until after the game when all of the players came up. I met the entire team including Jagr. This was also the time when I became friends with Rod Gilbert, who I would run into and also work with several more times in the future.

Was a pinch-me-am-I-dreaming? moment.

Can I pinch you?

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
One of the weakest assembled rosters of NYR post-lockout history.

The fact that they even made the postseason that year is a testament to how much Tortorella was able to get out of a low talent roster when he first arrived.
Really not looking forward to Flyers games this season. To be sure, players eventually tire of their coaches, but Torts will light a fire under a Philly. Oh well … at least no more Giroux.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
This mystery Murr is confusing me. I even cheated and couldn't figure it out. Chris Murray? Played 13 games for the Wolfpack and 53 games for the Checkers in 2008-09. Would he have gotten a preseason game? I have no recollection of him. The fifth letter doesn't have the slant that I would expect on an A either. I think this might be a grand conspiracy we're about to uncover.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
This mystery Murr is confusing me. I even cheated and couldn't figure it out. Chris Murray? Played 13 games for the Wolfpack and 53 games for the Checkers in 2008-09. Would he have gotten a preseason game? I have no recollection of him. The fifth letter doesn't have the slant that I would expect on an A either. I think this might be a grand conspiracy we're about to uncover.
? Derek Morris wore 53 for 18 games in 08-09 ?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
? Derek Morris wore 53 for 18 games in 08-09 ?
Yep that's it. Really looked like a 'U' to me. I guess the easiest way to find that would have been to look at the one home game Mike Sauer played that year.

Gaborik's last goal against the Rangers before he joined the Rangers. Avery fought Clutterbuck and Orr fought Owen Nolan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad