Ideas to Make NHL Playoffs More Interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
Good luck, I once started a thread suggesting playoff overtime should be 4 on 4, and that got the same reaction your's is getting. So, I wouldn't expect much if I were you.

Fair enough. I should have known better. People here are pretty close minded. Lol. Crying like babies. At least I got ruffle up a few feathers then.

Filip Forceberg

Sep 19, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
As well, I would like to see the idea of players being loaned considered. I would only restrict loans to occur cross conference and that loaned players could not play against the team that are being loaned from. I think such moves would increase player movement (with the possibility of a completed trade if a loaned player would be highly coveted by the receiving team). Only players below 25 years of age could be loaned. Only 1 loan would be allowed per team per season. Loans would potentially allow players to develop in a more supportive environment. For instance, if Edmonton would like to see Hall have the chance to learn success from a winning team and bring that over back to Edmonton (while getting some kind of compensation and the salary being paid for), I think all parties would benefit from the situation.

All parties benefit? Say Taylor Hall breaks his leg, tears his ACL, or suffers a concussion and is out for the next 8 months.

Why on earth would a team loan their star player to ANOTHER NHL team for nothing?

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I'll try and provide a little bit of constructive criticism.

I don't agree with your idea about the playoffs in any way shape or form. The Stanley Cup is the only trophy that matters in NHL hockey and it always will be. Maybe your trying to make a competition comparable to the Europa League in Europe but that is so different.

As far as the whole loaning players thing goes, how does the salary work? Does the team receiving the player accept the cap hit? Are loans now part of trades? Soccer does not have salary caps or anything like that. Its all budgets. So I don't see the loan system being able to translate to the financial environment of the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad