Ideal Goal Songs For Every Team

sonic92

Mar 5, 2020
Peace River, AB
One big part of the in-game hockey experience I like are the goal horns that play when the home team scores a goal and song the plays afterwards. Some teams I think have really done well with their song choices (Chicago with "Chelsea Dagger", Nashville with their combination of "I Like It, I Love It" and "Gold On The Ceiling", Vegas with "Vegas Lights") but there are a few teams that I think need to go back to songs they've used before.

For example, I really love the "L'Oreille" song Montreal had in the early 2000's.

The Coyotes really should go back to using "Werewolves of London"

and even though I don't really like the Canucks, "Holiday" was a goal song that just seemed to work for them.

With that in mind, what would be your ideal goal songs for every team?

Reactions: Gravity

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Yeah. For the Canucks, they never should've gone away from Holiday. It just fit perfectly for some reason. I think part of it was just the association with that iteration of the team that frankly...scored a crapload of goals, so we got to hear that song a lot and came to associate it winning. But it was also just really well tailored to be a goal song. Just fit on every level and felt like it enhanced the excitement of goals scored.

I think Nashville also deserve some recognition for their Tim McGraw "i like it, i love it" goal song. It really embraces their unique hockey/fan culture. It's kind of weird as a goal song in a vacuum...but it really works with the fun "party" atmosphere of Nashville games and reflects the country music culture of the city as well. It's something really "unique" that really works.

Dec 15, 2002
Anything that replaces the POS song the Blues have after the organ plays "When the Blues Go Marching In," I'm all for.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I actually prefer when individual players get their own personal goal song. That's always seemed super cool to me.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Buffalo’s goal song should be “Help” and played only in the owners/GM suites

Reactions: dalewood12

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I always have thought the Jackets need to incorporate Cannonball by The Breeders. Ohio band. We have the cannon. Might be a better song for when the Jackets take the ice than a goal song.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
For the tank teams, you can't do better than some of the ole cun'ry classics like, "You stuck my heart in an old tin can and shot it off a log."

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
This is one of those things I'm so glad I've never had to deal with as a fan. Rangers have had incredible goal songs for as long as I can remember. When I was a kid, it was Blitzkrieg Bop, and then they replaced it with their current goal song - iconic in Rangers history at this point.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Ideally the Bruins would use the chorus of Shipping Up To Boston. But the current song is so entrenched and has become troll level for our rivals that it's gotta stay

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Considering how Metallica are such huge Sharks fans, kinda wish they had Damage Inc as their goal song.

So bloody epic.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020

1677866032489.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad