Rosters and Ratings: (Idea) Would you guys like an idea where EA adds “retro” rosters where you can download any roster

dylan pendergast

Mar 15, 2018
What if EA added a “cloud server” where you could download any roster of all time and use the players with stats pending to that time period, pictures of the players and accurate ratings of how they were in the time period? You can play any mode with these rosters.

Reactions: grentthealien

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
That would be fantastic. We could have something similar to that if they just allowed roster sharing. I actually have my own little thing for myself as I have created every roster from 1984 to 2018 which is over 30 years of hockey.I did it over 3 games NHL 14, NHL 17 and NHL 18. For NHl 19 I am going to remake every roster from 07-08 to 11-12 because I want them on a next gen game since they are all on NHL 14.

I have them all backed up on flash drives and If they allowed roster sharing I’d have no problem sharing them.

Dirby Kach

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2009
I've always said that when starting BE A GM mode, id like my starting roster options to be:

Current
Fantasy
17-18
16-17
15-16
14-15
13-14
and so on you see where this is going..
if i wanna start my mode in 2001-02 then I do that with those rosters - and I redo all the drafts going forward.

dylan pendergast

Mar 15, 2018
I've always said that when starting BE A GM mode, id like my starting roster options to be:

Current
Fantasy
17-18
16-17
15-16
14-15
13-14
and so on you see where this is going..
if i wanna start my mode in 2001-02 then I do that with those rosters - and I redo all the drafts going forward.
That 1UPs my idea. That would be sick.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
EA has a cloud server with Madden, so I don't know why they couldn't with NHL. It is long overdue. I'd love to play with NHL 94, 99, and so on Rosters with the modern game. MLB: The Show has one, Madden has one, I don't know why NHL can't. They're all user created, so there are zero licensing issues. As long as EA isn't the one creating the rosters, I don't see how licensing is a problem.

Reactions: dylan pendergast

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I'd love it if they had retro arenas to use these retro teams in. Kinda like how MVP Baseball had Forbes Field, Polo Grounds, Shibe Park, etc. They had probably a dozen old parks. I'd love to play at the Mellon arena, Maple Leaf Gardens, The Aud, etc with those retro rosters. Recreate some Finals matchups.

I like being authentic with my games so the retro rosters go hand-in-hand with retro arenas for me.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Never going to happen due to the licensing. They would need to ask every player not in the NHLPA and other leagues in the game individually.
Are you telling me they can't give me a late 90s, early 2000s Oilers roster with Mark Grier and Evan Moreau? What about Dwight Weight, and Craig Joseph?

:naughty:

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
I always wished there was a way to start a season back in time like say.... 2002 and move forward from there but i know that would use up WAY too much space.....there was a time when games took up like 500 mb of space.....now it's over 20 gigs.

dylan pendergast

Mar 15, 2018
I always wished there was a way to start a season back in time like say.... 2002 and move forward from there but i know that would use up WAY too much space.....there was a time when games took up like 500 mb of space.....now it's over 20 gigs.
Playing nhl 2002 right now...game takes 50 blocks which I’m pretty sure is like 100 MB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad