Idea for more scoring: penalty shot before every power play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
Not gonna work. It'll make teams too conservative on defense and it'll turn into a game of who can commit the less penalties. It takes the team part out of the game and turn it into a goalie and an individual game.

Patriks7

Oct 20, 2010
Why are people obsessed with putting gimmicks into the game to artificially increase scoring? It's not going to improve the on ice product. Main thing that should be looked at to increase scoring, tell the refs to start calling penalties like they did a decade ago after the lockout. Doesn't sound so difficult.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Make refs call the penalties or play the full 2 length of the penalty regardless of goals scored.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Counter proposal: Each team starts the game tied 10-10. At the end of each period, both teams get an additional 5 goals. Scoring would be through the roof!

And they do a game of Eeny, meeny, miny, moe to decide who gets the goals and assists.

Tanner Glass with 135 points? Awesome!

In all honesty, I don't think something like this would work, as has been mentioned, but it's interesting to see the various ideas people come up with. And people say there's no creativity left in hockey...

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
getting to the point where awful rule changes need to be limited to a single thread

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Pull the opposing goalie on the powerplay :sarcasm: That'll fix the scoring....
enough with the change the game proposals.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I don't think people that are asking for more scoring want inflated score totals, they want more scoring chances which results in more goals naturally. A 2-1 game with shots of 42-37 is probably an exciting back and forth match, while a 2-1 game with shots of 23-19 is probably less so.

TheRexman

Just have fun
Jul 5, 2015
Quebec City
Take the goalie out during a powerplay. You still lose a player in the box but instead of 4 skaters and a goalie, you have 5 skaters and no goalie. That'll boost scoring for sure.

I'm not really for this idea, I just think the penalty shot idea is just as stupid as the one I just wrote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad