Proposal: I'd love to see a Bickell for Jagr trade

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
I think a Bickell for Jagr trade would make a lot of sense... We get a rental in Jagr and some cap relief from Bickell and his 3 more years at 4 per. I've heard several rumors the Hawks are interested in Jagr and we even interested last year before he was traded to Boston...

The Hawks may have to add a conditional pick but, Bickell is still pretty young and I think would get more ice time in New Jersey, not only that but a new start.

I also heard rumors the Hawks were interested in Brodeur..... I'd love to see a package of Jagr & Brodeur for Bickell, Pirri and a 2014 2nd.

At the same time tho, I haven't been upset with Raantas play, but what bugs me about Raanta is who knows what you're going to get in the playoffs - you know what you're getting with Brodeur.

If the Hawks could get both, they would be clear contenders for the cup.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Makes no sense for Devils ,, Nor Hawks

Also Brodeur is awful at this point ,, Truly Huet like

I disagree 100%.

Jagr is only open to a trade to a contender, which Western Conference teams that are contenders have assets they can just trade to New Jersey without screwing with their present core?

As far as Brodeur, hes no where even close to how bad Huet was. Brodeur may not be the same goalie he was 10 years ago but the truth is NJ isn't that great of a team either.

Rarely do goalies carry mediocre teams into the playoffs, I've seen it happen a couple of times with Hasek, Roy and Brodeur.....

Brodeur would make a great backup to Crawford and Raanta can help the Hogs go deep, because I believe our talent pool at the AHL level is capable of making a run.

The Hawks are a team with expendable assets right now, are a contender and have make a perfect fit for a guy like Jagr (who can still put up points btw) who want another shot at a cup.

I mean there aren't that many contending clubs with a deep prospect pool that can just afford to throw high picks or prospects at a rental like Jagr or Brodeur.

I think New Jersey would jump at the opportunity to trade Brodeur and Jagr for Bickell, Pirri and maybe a 1st (rather have it be a 2nd tho).

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Who in their right mind wants 3 more years of Bickell with what he's shown this season? Without taking on a lot more salary or giving up a valuable asset to package with him he's virtually unmovable right now.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Regardless of Bickells contract right now, moving him for Jagr is not a smart move. Jagr has 1 goal in his last 33 playoff games and Bickell had 9 for us last year in 23 games. Not to mention that you know he'll find his way come playoff time with Toews and Kane when the intensity ramps up.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Who in their right mind wants 3 more years of Bickell with what he's shown this season? Without taking on a lot more salary or giving up a valuable asset to package with him he's virtually unmovable right now.

Well apparently someone thought it was a good idea to give him a 4 year 16 million dollar deal - one of the best GM's in the league as a matter of fact....

The problem with Bickell is that he is really nothing more than a 3rd liner on the Hawks because we're stacked - that will change for him in New Jersey. Bickell is still considered a power forward, and how many teams would give up a power forward on their roster that is young and signed for a rental? not many - not many at all.

New Jersey would do that deal in a second.

New Jersey gets a young asset for pretty much noting.... So unless a fringe playoff team throws the buss at New Jersey to acquire Jagr - I don't see any real contender having the ability to match a Hawks offer without severely messing up their chemistry.

Lets also not forget it's up to Jagr where he goes anyways, and I highly doubt he would turn down a trade to the Hawks.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Regardless of Bickells contract right now, moving him for Jagr is not a smart move. Jagr has 1 goal in his last 33 playoff games and Bickell had 9 for us last year in 23 games. Not to mention that you know he'll find his way come playoff time with Toews and Kane when the intensity ramps up.

The problem with Bickell is that he is really nothing more than a 3rd liner on the Hawks because we're stacked - that will change for him in New Jersey. Bickell is still considered a power forward, and how many teams would give up a power forward on their roster that is young and signed for a rental? not many - not many at all.

I would be much more willing to bet Jagr picks it up in the playoffs playing with Kane and Toews than I would on Bickell having a repeat performance.

The problem with Bickell is Bickell, he's just not that good.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL

But doesn't Jagr also have something like 20+ assists?

I think Jagr would work well with our top 6 chemistry..... He'd be back to playing with a team like the early 90's Penguins coached by Scotty Bowman...

Jagr would be a really good fit on the Hawks for a cup run, and it would be well worth sacrificing Bickell to get him here.

Also, the Hawks don't need to trade Bickell to NJ, 3-way deals can always be worked out and I'm sure there are plenty of teams that would have interest in Bickell - especially with the cap rising.

I don't think getting Jagr in here and Bickell out of here would be very difficult.

For example I'm sure Tallon would take him, and we just give NJ what they want from Florida as the return for Bickell.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
I would be much more willing to bet Jagr picks it up in the playoffs playing with Kane and Toews than I would on Bickell having a repeat performance.

The problem with Bickell is Bickell, he's just not that good.

I'm not a Bickell fan at all but at the same time I don't think Q is using him right.... I cant blame him either because every role that he would thrive in has already been filled - so now he's sorta a checker who occasionally gets to play with the offensive boys.

I'm sure he would get the opportunity to play in a scoring role on many other clubs, but the Hawks already have those scoring roles set. IMO, I think Saad really stole Bickells primary role, and that was unexpected from Bickell and even the Hawks brass.

So since we have Saad Bickell becomes expendable, and don't confuse that with "unwanted" or "undervalued."

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I would love to see Bickelll come back healthy from this Olympic break and return to the form of last year's playoffs where he was a better force than whatever Jar old add..recall Jagr did nada in last year's playoffs.. I guess there are 2 camps on Bickell. ..that hospital playoff effect last year was a one off fluke and.he never will be effective like that again..If that is the consensus of other NHL teams then who would ever want a 3 more year did in a trade? But if you are in the camp that Bickell dodge not start the season healthy after simmer surgery. ..that he was behind in training and that this greatly effected his play and also that he got hurt again and was out awhile...so that hospital season to date was messed up from the getgo and during...then you gotta be patient and see how he performs when back to 100% health and fitness.. IF the latter case is the truth...that he never reached the healthy and fit form of the prior season..then you would be an idiot to trade him. ..because IF he returns to being able to play his best then you do not want to give that away for 3 more years to another te for a rental and a washed up soon to retiree goalie..Plus you bring in the 2 NJ genders and prom downs and our team chemistry goes out the window..No way Jose do O make such a deal.

I would rather give up through boatload of purpose painted prospect assets in some huge package over the summer to clear some clog in the pipeline to a bottom feeder team for a shot at a high pick in the much better draft of 2015...With luck maybe we get a top 4-5 pre-lotto spot and won the lottery. ..Maybe we get McDavid or another of the top gems of that draft..If you want to add Bickell in the summer to that trade package as we gamble the bottom feeder temp we trade with will not move up that much im the 2014/15 season despite the additions we trade them...THEN and only THEN would I think of dispensing with Bickell..how quickly you hates all forgot how greatly effective je was in last year's very tough and physical playoff wars.. This team will need him for this year's playoff wars...The Bickell hates starting and piling on to this thread are gonna look stupid very soon..unless Bickell is still not healthy to be effective..but in that case he should be out of the lineup till he is fit and back to 100% ..I dp not thinly he is Amy later than somebody the stars we have on this team on certain nights..but I think I see he just was never healthy and fit enough to skate and turn at the speed he showed last season..and if physically you cannot do what is expected of you...then naturally your A game goes to C or D or F most nights. THe fact doctors clear you to play does not mean you can perform to your best if you never caught up to where you should be in fitness and in using your legs recovering from surgery..So to be fair to him the jury should still be out..not like theblynching posters like the thread starter and the pile ons who have given up on him...it is not lack of ability..cause we saw what he brought last year in the playoffs..it is just whether you think he is lazy or you think he will play better when his confidence resumes with better health and fitness. .Fitness after surgery comes other from time needed for proper re-hab and fitness training and/or from playing your way back to top shape if you do not have the proper time off to train..If the Hawks brass thinks Bickell is 100% back physically but is just fat-cutting on the big beware contract--- that is one thing and rightfully they would want to unload him elsewhere...but if any doubt exists based on strictly little things like skating speed and poor agility attempts and lack of confidence to hit on his re-habbed knees...then they are crazy to trade him until he gets a fairer chance to perform back to near his best health and best fitness level when he can skate and turn and with those on place hit and score again

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
I don't see it happening.

I do. Look at potential playoff teams (and their cap situation) - especially contenders, look at their rosters, their farm and figure out which players these teams can afford to give up to rent Jagr.

There are only a handful of teams he could end up with (if traded) and the Hawks are one of them because they have the assets to make it happen.

Like I also previously said - Jagr has stated he's only willing to go to a contender. So you can cross fringe playoff teams off the list.

And I don't see New Jersey trading Jagr to anyone in the east - teams don't like to help their rivals win cups - unless it's a mega trade, like NJ getting a top 5 pick and a teams top prospect or something.

So if Jagr were to be traded it would really come down to the Hawks, Ducks, LA and Blues or Maybe Sharks.

Now which of those teams could afford to give up a legitimate roster player, a pick and an NHL ready prospect for a rental? answer is the Hawks.

Unless it's a huge blockbuster - I don't see Jagr (if traded) going to anyone but the Hawks.

Also, remember Jagr's cap hit for this season is at about 1per now, so in theory the Hawks could just offer picks/prospects if they wanted to and trade Bickell at the draft.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
I would love to see Bickelll come back healthy from this Olympic break and return to the form of last year's playoffs where he was a better force than whatever Jar old add..recall Jagr did nada in last year's playoffs.. I guess there are 2 camps on Bickell. ..that hospital playoff effect last year was a one off fluke and.he never will be effective like that again..If that is the consensus of other NHL teams then who would ever want a 3 more year did in a trade? But if you are in the camp that Bickell dodge not start the season healthy after simmer surgery. ..that he was behind in training and that this greatly effected his play and also that he got hurt again and was out awhile...so that hospital season to date was messed up from the getgo and during...then you gotta be patient and see how he performs when back to 100% health and fitness.. IF the latter case is the truth...that he never reached the healthy and fit form of the prior season..then you would be an idiot to trade him. ..because IF he returns to being able to play his best then you do not want to give that away for 3 more years to another te for a rental and a washed up soon to retiree goalie..Plus you bring in the 2 NJ genders and prom downs and our team chemistry goes out the window..No way Jose do O make such a deal.

I would rather give up through boatload of purpose painted prospect assets in some huge package over the summer to clear some clog in the pipeline to a bottom feeder team for a shot at a high pick in the much better draft of 2015...With luck maybe we get a top 4-5 pre-lotto spot and won the lottery. ..Maybe we get McDavid or another of the top gems of that draft..If you want to add Bickell in the summer to that trade package as we gamble the bottom feeder temp we trade with will not move up that much im the 2014/15 season despite the additions we trade them...THEN and only THEN would I think of dispensing with Bickell..how quickly you hates all forgot how greatly effective je was in last year's very tough and physical playoff wars.. This team will need him for this year's playoff wars...The Bickell hates starting and piling on to this thread are gonna look stupid very soon..unless Bickell is still not healthy to be effective..but in that case he should be out of the lineup till he is fit and back to 100% ..I dp not thinly he is Amy later than somebody the stars we have on this team on certain nights..but I think I see he just was never healthy and fit enough to skate and turn at the speed he showed last season..and if physically you cannot do what is expected of you...then naturally your A game goes to C or D or F most nights. THe fact doctors clear you to play does not mean you can perform to your best if you never caught up to where you should be in fitness and in using your legs recovering from surgery..So to be fair to him the jury should still be out..not like theblynching posters like the thread starter and the pile ons who have given up on him...it is not lack of ability..cause we saw what he brought last year in the playoffs..it is just whether you think he is lazy or you think he will play better when his confidence resumes with better health and fitness. .Fitness after surgery comes other from time needed for proper re-hab and fitness training and/or from playing your way back to top shape if you do not have the proper time off to train..If the Hawks brass thinks Bickell is 100% back physically but is just fat-cutting on the big beware contract--- that is one thing and rightfully they would want to unload him elsewhere...but if any doubt exists based on strictly little things like skating speed and poor agility attempts and lack of confidence to hit on his re-habbed knees...then they are crazy to trade him until he gets a fairer chance to perform back to near his best health and best fitness level when he can skate and turn and with those on place hit and score again

The Hawks cant afford a top 5 pick, especially if they pan out because in 3 years they will want 6-7 per.....

I would stay away from that scenario completely....

Bickell is dead weight to the Blackhawks right now and is a good player to move to upgrade with a rental.

Oh, lets also not forget dead weight Brouwer (a player no one wanted) got a 1st round pick so....

So, there are plenty of teams that would love Bickell, and would certainly give him the opportunity to be a top 6 power forward.

Either way Bickell is gone by the draft.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
The Hawks cant afford a top 5 pick, especially if they pan out because in 3 years they will want 6-7 per.....

I would stay away from that scenario completely....

Bickell is dead weight to the Blackhawks right now and is a good player to move to upgrade with a rental.

Oh, lets also not forget dead weight Brouwer (a player no one wanted) got a 1st round pick so....

So, there are plenty of teams that would love Bickell, and would certainly give him the opportunity to be a top 6 power forward.

Either way Bickell is gone by the draft.

Troy Brouwer cheap, salary wise. Bickell is way overpaid, salary wise. Huge difference in what he would fetch.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Troy Brouwer cheap, salary wise. Bickell is way overpaid, salary wise. Huge difference in what he would fetch.

The cap is going way up man with this new TV contract, and who knows 3 years from now the cap could be at 85 million.

Bickell is also attractive to teams who need to hit the cap floor.... Not many players want to sign with a bottom feeder unless they're way overpaid.... I suppose right now Bickell is overpaid but not next year and certainly not the next.

Lets also not forget that Bickell can play in the top 6 so for 4 per that isn't that bad for a team looking to rebuild or lacks a psysical power forward.

It's amazing man, people always said the same thing about Brian Campbell.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
The cap is going way up man with this new TV contract, and who knows 3 years from now the cap could be at 85 million.

Bickell is also attractive to teams who need to hit the cap floor.... Not many players want to sign with a bottom feeder unless they're way overpaid.... I suppose right now Bickell is overpaid but not next year and certainly not the next.

Lets also not forget that Bickell can play in the top 6 so for 4 per that isn't that bad for a team looking to rebuild or lacks a psysical power forward.

It's amazing man, people always said the same thing about Brian Campbell.

If he continues to play like this season he sure will be way overpaid.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Idea: Bryan Bickell is gone

Result: Chicago still lacks a 2C

brilliant_cigar1.jpg

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
I wouldn't trade Bickell right now.
He's expected to be a difference maker in the playoffs because of his size and decent hands.

I don't care if he goes 5g, 10A all reg season as long as he shows up for Round 1. It was the same way with Bolland. Dude didn't get out of bed until April but once he did, he could be the difference between winning and losing.

Bolland who sucked all year:

-Crushed the Det player in game 7 OT allowing Seabs to win it
-Destroyed Mike Richards and ended the Kings' chances in the series
-Scored the Cup winning goal

Let's give Bickell the chance to prove he can elevate his game when it counts like Bolly did.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
The last thing the Hawks need is wing improvement. If they're still looking to upgrade, my guess is that it's down the middle or for a depth defenseman.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Maybe not Jagr, but the idea of a Pirri+Bickell+pick for an upgrade sounds pretty good.

I'm not throwing in the towel on Bickell. I think it would be foolish to give up on him so soon. But an upgrade is an upgrade.

EricRealm

Oct 22, 2013
I wouldn't trade Bickell right now.
He's expected to be a difference maker in the playoffs because of his size and decent hands.

I don't care if he goes 5g, 10A all reg season as long as he shows up for Round 1. It was the same way with Bolland. Dude didn't get out of bed until April but once he did, he could be the difference between winning and losing.

Bolland who sucked all year:

-Crushed the Det player in game 7 OT allowing Seabs to win it
-Destroyed Mike Richards and ended the Kings' chances in the series
-Scored the Cup winning goal

Let's give Bickell the chance to prove he can elevate his game when it counts like Bolly did.

besides those handful of key plays he was pretty mediocre all spring as well

Nothingman*

besides those handful of key plays he was pretty mediocre all spring as well

Without those three plays we probably don't win the Cup. I *****ed about him all regular season but forgot about it after the game 6 winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad