Signing(s): Ichiro with Mariners

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Damn.

Well, keep doing what you love for as long as you can, I guess. He's a lock for the HOF so my guess is he:

a) still loves playing the game
b) still loves the city of Seattle
c) still holding out hope that he may one day win a World Series, although the window's likely slammed shut there.

NewtJorden

Unitas est Invicta
Aug 9, 2006
Rimouski
Isnt the plan to make him play the first two games in Japan and then retire again? I've read about that a few months back.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Isnt the plan to make him play the first two games in Japan and then retire again? I've read about that a few months back.

yes this is what i heard as far back as mid-last season

cool way for him to go out

It's already confirmed he will be on the roster, as it expands to 28 for the 2 game series, he's expected to retire after, but it still pushes his HOF year back 1. Only question is if he'll be unanimous...

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Watch him play well enough in Japan, and then play with the Mariners all year. I'd be down, screw it.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Outside of potential attendance and merch possibilities there is no legit reason to keep him on the roster past game 2. Love him, but he was done 2-3 years ago.

Yeah, I said f*** it but I don’t really mean it. Mariners still have players who they need to play/showcase in the OF.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yeah, I said **** it but I don’t really mean it. Mariners still have players who they need to play/showcase in the OF.
The future is now for Seattle. Signing him now is a gesture of good faith between a player and franchise that have a lot of respect for one another. He left Japan as a f***ing rock star and came over and didn't disappoint. When he stepped away last year we all kind of knew it was with the intent to play these games in Japan, which is the best way to bookend his hof career.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
not sure why people are even debating this

the plan has long been for him to play the games in japan and then retire with the m's

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
what happened to the ichiro fanboy who asked questions about ichiro and went off on people who disagreed?

i think i made a post photoshopping ichiro into various moments in baseball history.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
what happened to the ichiro fanboy who asked questions about ichiro and went off on people who disagreed?

i think i made a post photoshopping ichiro into various moments in baseball history.
Ichiro can hit 50 HRs a season, he just chooses not to to be a pure hitter. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad