News Article: IceArizona spending $3 million on Arena upgrades

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Now, now.... There isn't one hive mind over there, even if the squeakier wheels... are rather squeaky?

And the snarkier posters, are rather snarky. (and allowed to get away with it...even when contributing nothing to the discussion)

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
And the snarkier posters, are rather snarky. (and allowed to get away with it...even when contributing nothing to the discussion)

Snark isn't against the rules, or even heavy criticism and ridicule if directed towards teams, owners, the league, players, etc. We don't allow personal attacks against other HF members though. Attack the post, not the person. We remove a lot more than you can see however.

I resurrected the thread that LadyStanley posted about this announcement. :)

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
We don't allow personal attacks against other HF members though. Attack the post, not the person. We remove a lot more than you can see however.

Pfft. "Thinly veiled" personal attacks over there are just fine. It's just a matter of judgement how thin the veil is.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Pfft. "Thinly veiled" personal attacks over there are just fine. It's just a matter of judgement how thin the veil is.

Some of the oldest and grumpiest posters are the most difficult to herd. It's a volunteer gig, after all, and much of what mods do can be subjective.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Sorry... but I'm with Fugu on this. I follow several threads there (many not Coyotes related) and it's like any business discussion. You have to put on your Sunday teflon-lined best and look at it from a dollars and sense POV.

Some of the oldest and grumpiest posters are the most difficult to herd. It's a volunteer gig, after all, and much of what mods do can be subjective.

Hey now.... I may be old and grumpy but I'm easy. ;)

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
You know what would be cool to add to the arena? Better wi-fi signals and a place to charge your phones during the intermissions.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Snark isn't against the rules, or even heavy criticism and ridicule if directed towards teams, owners, the league, players, etc. We don't allow personal attacks against other HF members though. Attack the post, not the person. We remove a lot more than you can see however.

I resurrected the thread that LadyStanley posted about this announcement. :)

This is one of the main reasons why this site is awesome and stands above many other hockey forums out there. People 'get' this simple fact and some great discussions stem from two (or more) people discussing their stand/point in this manner. It doesn't matter how you deliver it, be yourself....or don't, as long as that one simple sentence is understood.

pfp

Sep 4, 2007
You know what would be cool to add to the arena? Better wi-fi signals and a place to charge your phones during the intermissions.

While wifi would be nice I'll be happy if the cell coverage is good enough that I can actually do something with my phone even if that means using my data plan.

Charging might be less of an issue too if the device isn't burning through the juice working so hard to get a signal.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Wonder if a check cut for expansion would count against (in favor for us) the $50 million clause? Would be an interesting way for Bettman to essentially force the team to stay in Phoenix. 40 something million would go a long way towards paying down the debts the team has.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Wonder if a check cut for expansion would count against (in favor for us) the $50 million clause? Would be an interesting way for Bettman to essentially force the team to stay in Phoenix. 40 something million would go a long way towards paying down the debts the team has.

It would be considered GAAP revenue, so definitely counts even though it would be a one-time event.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad