News Article: IceArizona spending $3 million on Arena upgrades

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
DAS Upgrade

In partnership with Crown Castle, the country’s largest independent owners and operators of shared wireless infrastructure, the Coyotes have upgraded their Distributed Antenna System (DAS) in Gila River Arena. This will improve the signal and reception for phone and data connectivity to 4G LTE from 2G for all fans in the arena

Was about to rant about them moving the coffee stand to my new section when I hoped I could avoid them in 105 but that quote made me:

5f520-happydance2.gif

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Well this is a good sign. Can't really spin this negatively even if you wanted to try. Well, I'm sure the BOH could, but that's a different story.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Also, thank God there's actual cell phone reception in the arena now. Just need to get free Wifi like pretty much every other arena in the country, and we'll be good to go.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I was actually being sarcastic, when I said that too. I didn't think they had it in them the spin it negatively. Props to them for their dedication, I guess?

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Already been done.... ;)

I haven't looked yet but I am going to guess its something like this...

"A team that is losing money every year should not be spending 3 million on arena upgrades. But whatever...when Glendale takes over in 4 years they will have an updated arena to run. Kind of a departing present from ownership group."

Now I will go look see how close I am..

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I haven't looked yet but I am going to guess its something like this...

"A team that is losing money every year should not be spending 3 million on arena upgrades. But whatever...when Glendale takes over in 4 years they will have an updated arena to run. Kind of a departing present from ownership group."

Now I will go look see how close I am..

What I got out of it is that they think they're spending extra money on purpose to reach the loss limit.

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
Yeah, automatically I think it has to be an upgrade in connectivity in there. Good to see that. Other than that not much id change in the arena. Maybe another big fancy scoreboard if I wanna get greedy, but I never had a problem with the current one.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
What I got out of it is that they think they're spending extra money on purpose to reach the loss limit.

Any expenditure by the Coyotes is going to be looked at in this fashion over there at this point.

In this case though they ignored the fact that IA just got a boost from the new naming rights contract that will offset some of the expense.

However look for another expense within the next 2-3 years... the scoreboards at the arena need replacing with new HD units.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Arena needs a new roof soon also.

In any event, I always found it sad that its the same few posters over there who focus on one teams negativity. Good news, they spin, bad news, they pretend its worse. Kinda sad. Its summer in most parts of the world, get out and enjoy.

Its clear that it would take effort to lose money on this team with how its structured. May not become a billionaire, but they will be alright.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Arena needs a new roof soon also.

In any event, I always found it sad that its the same few posters over there who focus on one teams negativity. Good news, they spin, bad news, they pretend its worse. Kinda sad. Its summer in most parts of the world, get out and enjoy.

Its clear that it would take effort to lose money on this team with how its structured. May not become a billionaire, but they will be alright.

Why does it need a new roof? If it does, that may be Glendale's expense not the Coyotes.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Any expenditure by the Coyotes is going to be looked at in this fashion over there at this point.

In this case though they ignored the fact that IA just got a boost from the new naming rights contract that will offset some of the expense.

However look for another expense within the next 2-3 years... the scoreboards at the arena need replacing with new HD units.

I thought our scoreboard was outdated when the arena opened. I saw the Shark's scoreboard a couple of years ago, much bigger and nicer, and I would imagine there are better one's now.

TJinAZ

Aug 27, 2004
BOH is awesome

Any bad news about the Coyotes is blown up and any positive news is disregarded. The majority of the posters are from Quebec and Winnipeg so bitterness prevails. Although "Casual Fan" and "Llama19" usually lead the charge and they are listed as Americans.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Well this is a good sign. Can't really spin this negatively even if you wanted to try. Well, I'm sure the BOH could, but that's a different story.

Now, now.... There isn't one hive mind over there, even if the squeakier wheels... are rather squeaky?

Any bad news about the Coyotes is blown up and any positive news is disregarded. The majority of the posters are from Quebec and Winnipeg so bitterness prevails. Although "Casual Fan" and "Llama19" usually lead the charge and they are listed as Americans.

A separate thread was posted, but deleted by a moderator who thought it redundant to the discussion. Probably should revive it as a separate thread, for the reasons you cite. :)

pfp

Sep 4, 2007

EASY.

3 down 47 to go

Done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad