Ice Wars: The Oil Awaken

Studz

Jun 20, 2015
City of Champions
Reporter: Who are you?

McDavid: I’m no one.

Reporter: Where do you come from?

Draisaitl: Germany. I was raised to do one thing. I just needed a team to fight for.

Nurse: Nothing will stand in our way. We will finish what they started.

Klefbom: There are stories about what happened?

Hall: It’s true, all of it. Kurri, Coffey, Messier, Gretzky… their real... Hockey's last great dynasty.

Ice Wars: A New Hope - In Theatres 2010 - 2013
Synopsis
A New Hope featured outstanding performances by the main cast, Hall, Eberle, RNH, with some flashes of brilliance by a young new actor in Yakupov. Ultimately the movie did not live up to the hype as the supporting cast was far less gifted than the starring cast. Like any movie, a few exceptional actors cannot make up for a general lack of talent.

Ice Wars: Eakins Strikes Back - In Theatres 2013 - 2015
Synopsis
Eakins Strikes Back featured a return of some great actors. Hall, Eberle, RNH, lead the way with a better supporting cast. However, this movie suffered greatly due to a rookie director(Eakins), and his lack of vision and ability to bring the very best out of his actors. A very disappointing film that tarnished everyone involved in it.

Ice Wars: Return of the Oil - In Theatres 2016 - 2025
Preview
A new director(McLellan), a new producer(Chiarelli). A returning cast featuring the likes of Hall, Eberle, RNH. New actors have been confirmed including… McDavid, Draisaitl, Nurse, and Klefbom. All the ingredients are present to make this movie epic. Currently in the editing phase, the finished product will contend for many awards: Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, Best Director… This movie will be remembered for a long time.

With so many negative threads about the Oilers on this board and the main board. Let’s try to keep the negativity and trade talks to a minimum on this thread. Yes the Oilers are far from a finished product and trades will be made. But let’s not do it here.

"Remember," they say, "that the darkest hour of all. is the hour before the dawn."

Last edited:

Gambl0r83*

Welp, I got time to kill for a prequel...

Ice Wars: The Phatom Dynasty - In Theatres 1979-1983
The Edmonton Oilers enter the big stage with relative unknowns and alot of criticism. Master Sather trains padawan Gretzky, who quickly emerges as the Captain Jedi, scoring 92 goals in a season (a record that still stands alone) and becoming the first Jedi to awaken 200+ points in a single season.
The crew had many padawans that would become master level Jedi in the likes of Messier, Anderson, Kurri, Coffey, Fuhr, and Lowe.
The Sith Dynasty known as the Islanders dominated the young Jedi crew, sweeping them in the cup final.

Ice Wars: Attack on the Throne - In Theatres 1983-1989
Oilers finish 1st overall becoming the first team to feature 3 Jedi's with 50+ goals in the likes of Master Jedi: Gretzky, Kurri, and Anderson.
The young phantom dynasty returns to big stage to battle the reigning Islander Sith Lords. Led by Master Messier, the Oilers dominate the dark side of the force and dethrone the Darth Lords, restoring the force to the light.
Master Gretzky continues to set and break records, widely becoming known as the greatest Jedi that has ever lived.
The Phantom dynasty holds the throne 4 of 6 years and brings prosperity and pride to the planet Edmonton.
In 1988, Master Gretzky gets swayed by the dark side and transforms into Darth Gretzky, leaving the phantom dynasty and joining the Sith Lords known as the Kings. He returns the next year and wreaks havoc on his former crew, slaying everything in his path and eliminating the Jedi Lords from the playoffs.

Ice Wars: Revenge of the Oilers - In Theatres 1990
Master Muckler takes over the reigns. Master Messier goes on a rampage, racking up 129 points, second in the league, only behind Darth Gretzky.
Determined to give glory one last taste, the Master Level Jedi's bring out their best efforts, and achieve the Stanley Cup once more, without the former Jedi Gretzky. The force is again restored, and for one last time, Edmonton is on top of the galaxy.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I'm hoping mrazek/howard don't go full rancor on our republic *****.

Otherwise it could be back to the moisture farm for me.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Scruffy? Who are you calling scruffy?

3029401421_57ea25d807.jpg

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Bill Daley: The 1st overall pick in the 2016 draft belongs to... The Edmonton Oilers.

Daryl Katz: I love you!

Bill Daley: I know

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
You forgot one thing.

McDavid has the same numbers of midiclorians as Gretzky. Gretzky(Luke) realized his potential. McDavid(Anakin) probably won't. Kylo Ren(Matthews) is also trying to fulfill their destiny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad