Prospect Info: Ian Scott Officially Retired

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Aw man, I wish him all the best. I don't think I've seen this from a goalie at this age so I really hope he's able to get over all these injuries

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
That's really too bad. He had so much promise, it wasn't even lack of trying it is because of a shit load of injuries he's suffered in his career.

Poor guy, I wish him the best.

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
Sometimes I question how we pissed off the hockey gods so much that we (seem) to have an inordinate amount of draft picks get debillitating injuries/medical issues that cause them to retire prematurely. Karel Pillar, Stu Percy, Luca Cereda, Coliacovo (although he at least had a short NHL career). Not to mention Amirov (who I hope recovers). Now Scott. I'm sure its no worse than any other team, but it still sucks.

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
Really tough, he had a lot of promise coming out of junior too. Was CHL goalie of the year his last junior season

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
I had high hopes for him but he just couldnt stay healthy, sucks that he didn't even really get to play pro aside from 1 or 2 games

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
A promising career hurt by injuries. Seems like a great kid. Hopefully he has a wonderful career in whatever he does:)

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Unfortunate having to retire at 23 and without ever receiving any sort of NHL opportunity.

Reactions: banks

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Quite unfortunate, but a smart decision. Rather than risking further injury that could become even more problematic down the line, he's hanging them up at an age where he's still young enough that he can get started on the next chapter in life a bit easier.

Bummer though, sounds like the kid had some promise.

Marlow88

Dec 29, 2013
This news is sad news for Mr. Scott. At least he is young enough to start off on a new career.

Reactions: cookie

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Sorry to hear this but glad he made the best decision for himself and future quality of life.

No shortage of character and resilience in him. He kept trying to come back but his body just wasn’t doing what he needed.

Wish him all the best. He seems like a quality kid…..

Reactions: cookie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad