OT: Ian Mendes Collapses!!!!!!!! (nope, mocking leg cramp)

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012

Did anyone see what happened to Ian Mendes while he was hosting. I believe this is his first Sportsnet Connected show as co-host.

@ian_mendes: For those who thought I had a medical issue during that live show, I was mocking Rafael Nadal's infamous cramp episode at press conference.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
That is...bizarre. Haven't particularly followed him (or any sportscaster) that closely, but I surely don't remember him being anything but serious on air.

What is it with sportscasters trying to be comedians the past few years? I thought we were done with that shtick after Bevis and Butthead left TSN for Fox.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
That is...bizarre. Haven't particularly followed him (or any sportscaster) that closely, but I surely don't remember him being anything but serious on air.

What is it with sportscasters trying to be comedians the past few years? I thought we were done with that shtick after Bevis and Butthead left TSN for Fox.

Screw you BAHHHHHHD.

Just goin for a dart.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Nice. I really like Mendes. Hope he gets off Sportsnet to do something else. Sportscasters should have a comedic angle. This **** is not serious and people who take themselves too seriously in this business will fail hard. Call me when you're on the ground of the arab springs with young people dying in your arms before playing the serious journalist card. Sports are sports. Not ****ing real life.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!

Completely off topic, but my surname is Bevis and everyone seems to spell it Beavis... Yet you're probably the only person I've ever known to spell it like my name, haha.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
Nice. I really like Mendes. Hope he gets off Sportsnet to do something else. Sportscasters should have a comedic angle. This **** is not serious and people who take themselves too seriously in this business will fail hard. Call me when you're on the ground of the arab springs with young people dying in your arms before playing the serious journalist card. Sports are sports. Not ****ing real life.

Couldn't agree more and, just for the record, I enjoyed the hell out of Jay Onrait.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
I'm glad he's okay, but he would have had to know people would think he was having a medical issue, so to pull that out of his *** like that was pretty short-sighted.

Milan the God*

Ian is recovering fine. He should be fine for the first SN game of the year.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
They were talking about the Rogers Cup and Nadal... so I got it right away. :laugh:

For those who haven't seen it (he slides down his chair at the end):

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Completely off topic, but my surname is Bevis and everyone seems to spell it Beavis... Yet you're probably the only person I've ever known to spell it like my name, haha.

lol, autocorrect gets all the glory for that one. If it wasn't for the almighty spellcheck and autocorrect, I'd sound like a second grader. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad