I want to hear your opinion on Travis Konecny. Is 30/35 a year possible?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
At his peak and with 1st line minutes, I think its possible.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Dod you mean to say 25/30 and 30/35?
No. I mean that I expect him to settle into a guy who consistently gets 25-30 goals and 25-30 assists a year, give or take a little bit. So 50-60 points. Based on last year's numbers and thus far this year he is almost there already. More consistent usage would help.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
TK kind of gets overlooked in favor of the D prospects and others, IMO. The guy is nowhere near his peak yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see 40 out of him some time; after all, Couturier ended up with 30 while showing less raw goal scoring ability at TK's age. Dude is a good player and he's only 21; he's already hit 24, and that with a ton of questionable/terrible usage to boot.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
He has to find his way onto PP1, otherwise it's tough to do with any sort of consistency (key word). Even the best ES players in the league (McDavid is not human) can struggle to top 50 points. 60 points at ES is usually top 5-10 production league wide. And I do think Konecny can be an elite ES scorer; he already is one after all, though Giroux plays a big part.

But he's never been a great PP player, likely due to his high energy maximum movement style (opposite to the patience and poise required on the PP), even back to junior hockey. If PP2 wasn't a disaster of epic proportions, and he could crank out 12-15 PP points that way, those targets would be more likely. But PP2 is an epic disaster, and frankly, his role as a QB there isn't blameless, but he's 3rd least blameworthy behind Patrick and Provorov. So, he would have to take the right wall on PP1. Without a one timer option, I don't love it, and I don't think he's better than Voracek there (say it ain't so!).

Adding another star player, like a Panarin if we are so lucky, changes things; I think Frost is the future on that right wall too. I actually think if the righty/lefty thing was done away with in the slot, he'd be a great bumper player. Lowkey good at tips and quick release shots; sneaky in coverage, quick to retrieving pucks. If he thrived in that role, he would surpass those numbers yearly.

FlyersfanTK11

Oct 30, 2009
TK kind of gets overlooked in favor of the D prospects and others, IMO. The guy is nowhere near his peak yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see 40 out of him some time; after all, Couturier ended up with 30 while showing less raw goal scoring ability at TK's age. Dude is a good player and he's only 21; he's already hit 24, and that with a ton of questionable/terrible usage to boot.

HELL YA BROTHER

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I think he’ll probably be a 25 goal, 30-something assist guy at his peak.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Once the Flyers get Simmonds off the team maybe the PP can try to utilize people like Konecny more and incorporate a more rush-based attack.

I think it's inevitable that Konecny will be featured on PP1 at some point. In 5 years Konecny will be 26 and Giroux/Voracek/JVR probably won't be on the unit. He'll find a way to pop in 10 a year.

I think 35-40 goals will be his norm and if leaguewide higher-scoring trends continue, I could see him doing 50 once or twice.

Reactions: flyersfan314

FlyersfanTK11

Oct 30, 2009
Once the Flyers get Simmonds off the team maybe the PP can try to utilize people like Konecny more and incorporate a more rush-based attack.

I think it's inevitable that Konecny will be featured on PP1 at some point. In 5 years Konecny will be 26 and Giroux/Voracek/JVR probably won't be on the unit. He'll find a way to pop in 10 a year.

I think 35-40 goals will be his norm and if leaguewide higher-scoring trends continue, I could see him doing 50 once or twice.
Hell ya brother. I need him on PP1

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
He has to find his way onto PP1, otherwise it's tough to do with any sort of consistency (key word). Even the best ES players in the league (McDavid is not human) can struggle to top 50 points. 60 points at ES is usually top 5-10 production league wide. And I do think Konecny can be an elite ES scorer; he already is one after all, though Giroux plays a big part.

But he's never been a great PP player, likely due to his high energy maximum movement style (opposite to the patience and poise required on the PP), even back to junior hockey. If PP2 wasn't a disaster of epic proportions, and he could crank out 12-15 PP points that way, those targets would be more likely. But PP2 is an epic disaster, and frankly, his role as a QB there isn't blameless, but he's 3rd least blameworthy behind Patrick and Provorov. So, he would have to take the right wall on PP1. Without a one timer option, I don't love it, and I don't think he's better than Voracek there (say it ain't so!).

Adding another star player, like a Panarin if we are so lucky, changes things; I think Frost is the future on that right wall too. I actually think if the righty/lefty thing was done away with in the slot, he'd be a great bumper player. Lowkey good at tips and quick release shots; sneaky in coverage, quick to retrieving pucks. If he thrived in that role, he would surpass those numbers yearly.

Great analysis on TK. TK has Brad Marchand written all over him. Hopefully we can sign him to a good deal and watch him break out. PP time will come soon enough. Not a big believer that signing a Panarin is the answer. Think we need to spend our cap flexibility on a top pairing Dman like a Pieterangelo/Trouba and perhaps a 1a/1b type center if the team is concerned that Patrick is still 2-3 years away from being a point producing center.

Hopefully Fletcher stays calm and doesn't blow cap room just for the sake of it (ie Homer). Teams are going to be in cap trouble be smart and take advantage of it. Spend your money wisely that's why I was disappointed with JVR signing (not that I hate him) just that 7 million could be used for a priority need. We have a ton of youth coming.... Allison, Frost, Ruby, Farabee and O Brien. That's a ton of potential coming in the next 2-3 seasons. If we can sign Provy, TK, Sanheim, Patrick for reasonable extensions (which should be able to happen as none deserve huge contracts) we can and will be in a prime position to contend if our GM doesn't make stupid signings. Hexy had his flaws and deserved to be fired but he left Fletcher a great situation if he's wise enough to take advantage of it!

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
they should just plant TK and Patrick in front of the net on PP1 and let ghost giroux and voracek move it around. Give TK the ability to give G an outlet down low if needed to make a play there that we haven't seen Simmonds do in forever.

Reactions: flyersfan314

FlyersfanTK11

Oct 30, 2009

40-50! Wow! HELL Y3S BROTHER

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad