Proposal: I try and make a trade for 2 teams I don't watch (OTT & EDM)

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
Pending UFA1 and pending UFA2
For
Pulju + Bear + 1st
Plus pending UFA/potential starting goalie
+ Cap dump + Sekera is overpayment
Pulju, Bear and 1st can each fetch a Dzingle on their own.

Only piece mentioned here that could "fetch a Dzingel on their own" is the 2019 1st, Bear while looking like a good prospect doesn't get you a player on pace for 32 goals and 63 points neither does Pool Party he's in bust territory he actually has only slightly better stats to bust Nikita Filatov, look for Puljujarvi to be traded for a 3rd if he keeps trending this way and the Oilers cut their loses.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Only piece mentioned here that could "fetch a Dzingel on their own" is the 2019 1st, Bear while looking like a good prospect doesn't get you a player on pace for 32 goals and 63 points neither does Pool Party he's in bust territory he actually has only slightly better stats to bust Nikita Filatov, look for Puljujarvi to be traded for a 3rd if he keeps trending this way and the Oilers cut their loses.
Logan Brown and Jonathan Dahlen must be close to busting too considering both are older than Puljujarvi and from same draft class. Puljus value is very close to EDM 1st right now.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
even without mentioning how horrible op's offer is

on what planet would melnyk take on three bad contracts lmfao

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
Logan Brown and Jonathan Dahlen must be close to busting too considering both are older than Puljujarvi and from same draft class. Puljus value is very close to EDM 1st right now.

They might be close to busting but I wouldn't know until they get as many chances as Puljujarvi has had to prove themselves, but it takes a bad player not to at least get a few extra lucky points with McDavid on the team he got Maroon to score 27 goals.

Reactions: JTRAIN1966

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
They might be close to busting but I wouldn't know until they get as many chances as Puljujarvi has had to prove themselves, but it takes a bad player not to at least get a few extra lucky points with McDavid on the team he got Maroon to score 27 goals.
Well then there must be a lot of bad players in this league . Hall being one, Eberle another. McDavid has had linemates in double digits these past 3 yrs

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
even without mentioning how horrible op's offer is

on what planet would melnyk take on three bad contracts lmfao
An expiring, another that expires in a year and the third that might be on LTIR.. whoop D doo.
Biggest issue would be Sekera waiving his NMC for Ottawa.

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
Well then there must be a lot of bad players in this league . Hall being one, Eberle another. McDavid has had linemates in double digits these past 3 yrs

Hall played half a season with McDavid and Eberle played 1.5 seasons with him, and they both put up ok points before being traded.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

How is Pulujarvi supposed to get points with McDavid from the 3rd line?

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Ottawa currently has Anderson, Condon, Nilsson, Hogberg, Gustavsson and the one I'm most excited about Joey Daccord in nets.
I expect Andy to be traded at the deadline, Condon's injury is unknown so I expect us to sign Nilsson. That leaves 3 youngsters plus Nilsson to fight it out so in theory we could take on Talbot I guess. Would let the kids marinate a bit I guess.

I'd honestly prefer not to take Talbot as AHL / ECHL goalies to fill the holes are fairly easy to come by. For the first time is forever we have some decent goalie depth in the pipe.

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
How is Pulujarvi supposed to get points with McDavid from the 3rd line?

Dunno, but maybe he should have proven he could play on the top line when given the chance in the past and now it looks like he can't even handle 3rd line duties next step is the AHL again or he's gonna get traded. Chia getting fired might be a blessing in disguise for Pool Party, with no GM the Oilers probably aren't making any major trades this offseason and just letting things as is till the new GM takes the reigns which might be enough time for Pool Party to find his game.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Dunno, but maybe he should have proven he could play on the top line when given the chance in the past and now it looks like he can't even handle 3rd line duties next step is the AHL again or he's gonna get traded. Chia getting fired might be a blessing in disguise for Pool Party, with no GM the Oilers probably aren't making any major trades this offseason and just letting things as is till the new GM takes the reigns which might be enough time for Pool Party to find his game.

The problem is that this hasn't really happened. You are right though, he should be in the AHL, I don't mind that suggestion at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad