I think if we stay healthy we have a good chance at making a deep run!

Leafblooded

Jul 27, 2012
T.
Maybe if we can start a next jinx thread to counteract this one our Leafs might start playing with some fortitude. Not gonna hold my breath though

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
The potential first round lineups I think look very good from the other thread. We are looking pretty deep….I really don’t see a huge gleaming weakness anywhere. As I said if we can stay healthy.
We're going to lose again in the 1st round again. Guaranteed

Reactions: Habz4Evr

Mr Papagoergyo

Feb 17, 2019
More worried about effort then health,other teams get through it.
Show up and play your best hockey.
Then again they gave up against MTL when JT went down health is just another excuse.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
We're going to lose again in the 1st round again. Guaranteed

With this coaching? Yes.
With our tandem in net vs Tampa? Yes.
With lady luck on our side? Not so fast.

We have chance. That goes for against Boston as well. I've seen top teams blow a wheel enough in my life.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
I'd like to be optimistic (because as fans what else can we do?) but I find it very hard to see much difference between this iteration of the Leafs and the ones that haven't been able to push through in Rd 1 the past six years.

Still seeing a general lack of that elusive "killer instinct" with the untimely turnovers, inability to put away bad teams, propensity for giving up high danger chances, giving up momentum-killing goals, general inconsistency within games and game to game, etc.

I'll be watching and cheering but expecting a good outcome does feel like it takes a heavy dose of suspension of disbelief.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
I'd like to be optimistic (because as fans what else can we do?) but I find it very hard to see much difference between this iteration of the Leafs and the ones that haven't been able to push through in Rd 1 the past six years.

Still seeing a general lack of that elusive "killer instinct" with the untimely turnovers, inability to put away bad teams, propensity for giving up high danger chances, giving up momentum-killing goals, general inconsistency within games and game to game, etc.

I'll be watching and cheering but expecting a good outcome does feel like it takes a heavy dose of suspension of disbelief.
I think they look considerably worse than last year's team.

Shooter14

57 years now and still hoping.
Feb 5, 2018
I'll be optimistic if the Leafs reach the Stanley Cup Finals, just like I was in 67.
My glass is half empty can you blame me? I've been disappointed for 56 years! With this line up they will be fortunate to get by Tampa, no chance against Boston. What happens if Matthews goes down? No speed up the middle with Taveras and O'Reilly they can't keep up. As for coaching I can't see Keefe competing against his rival's he's a notch or two behind that will be the huge difference!

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

9Iron

Nov 25, 2009

The only thing I can add to this well written, succinct and truthful post is our continued poor coaching/mentoring (e.g. get some consistent lines and pairings going right f'n now) and on the hopeful side that maybe we can catch a timely break that boosts the confidence enough to propel us over the top.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
More worried about effort then health,other teams get through it.
Show up and play your best hockey.
Then again they gave up against MTL when JT went down health is just another excuse.

JT went down in the 1st or 2nd game (can't remember precisely) and we still went up 3-1.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I'll be optimistic if the Leafs reach the Stanley Cup Finals, just like I was in 67.
My glass is half empty can you blame me? I've been disappointed for 56 years! With this line up they will be fortunate to get by Tampa, no chance against Boston. What happens if Matthews goes down? No speed up the middle with Taveras and O'Reilly they can't keep up. As for coaching I can't see Keefe competing against his rival's he's a notch or two behind that will be the huge difference!

Though as far aa center depth is concerned, this is probably the best position the team has been in for some time. ROR is a legit top 6 centre. When JT went down against the Habs Kerfoot had to step up (and to be fair to him did a decent job, but he's no ROR)

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
This whole thread false because muzzin is injured.

You will realize how important he was against tampa last season when you watch jake mccabe try to keep up with the big boys of the league

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
I mean, you could say this about almost every thread. If this is your opinion then why would you bother logging into HF until after he first round finishes?
I think you missed the context of what’s referred to as “history “.

It’s a totally fair and warranted comment, and if you just want to be a contrarian or do the random internet argument for the sake of nothing then…so be it.

But yes - we’ll talk after the first round. End of story

Reactions: Maple Leaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad