I ordered a Sausage Egg and Cheese McGriddle thru the McDonalds app --- WE'RE GOING TO START A REVOLUTION

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
And guess what? No egg. I was served a Sausage and Cheese McGriddle at the price of a Sausage Egg and Cheese McGriddle. If that weren't bad enough the stupid McDonalds app has no way of reporting such injustice. Best you can do is hit "about, contact, and legal" where you'll be entertained by dancing french-fries until you give up out of a sick combination of frustration, boredom and humiliation.
20230812_075141.jpg

Yes, I've eaten most of it but that was entirely due to necessity. I hadn't eaten since lunch (almost four(4) hours ago) and my hunger pangs were immeasurable. Literally crippling me from my day to day activities due to almost certain malnourishment.

I'm so disgusted with this experience that I'm almost thinking of boycotting McDonalds all together. If it weren't for my years worth of accumulated loyalty points I would have done it already. I'm really close this time tho.

Last edited:

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
And guess what? No egg. I was served a Sausage and Cheese McGriddle at the price of a Sausage Egg and Cheese McGriddle. If that weren't bad enough the stupid McDonalds app has no way of reporting such injustice. Best you can do is hit "about, contact, and legal" where you'll be entertained by dancing french-fries until you give up out of a sick combination of frustration, boredom and humiliation.
View attachment 735475
Yes, I've eaten most of it but that was entirely due to necessity. I hadn't eaten since lunch (almost four(4) hours ago) and my hunger pangs were immeasurable. Literally crippling me from my day to day activities due to almost certain malnourishment.

I'm so disgusted with this experience that I'm almost thinking of boycotting McDonalds all together. If it weren't for my years worth of accumulated loyalty points I would have done it already. I'm really close this time tho.
Have you ever been to Dunkin' Donuts? If so, were you ever "extremely dissatisfied" with them? :naughty:

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
You are most welcome!

In all seriousness I don't trust fast food apps, or even the drive-thru.
I've always figured the app was the fool-proof way of ordering as there's no room for miscommunication or misunderstandings. It's literally right there on a screen for the employees to follow. I'm absolutely dumbfounded that someone could read an order as simple as a Sausage Egg and Cheese McGriddle and forget to slap an egg on it. The more I think of it it had to be sabotage. Even some dumb highschool kid can't be that incompetent. I may have to write a letter to corporate

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
The rise of fast food delivery apps is robbing the world of classic internet message board experiences like that one. An all-time great. I wonder if Sheryl still thinks about him.
112000 posts and how many classic internet message board experiences have you given the world? You're dry as toast. Go make another thread if you want to wax poetic

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
tumblr_mkr0b9FnU11s695yvo1_1280.jpg

Beautiful.

No brown bag that smells like a deep fryer, no warm but stale microwaved bun, no cheese that you are fairly certain contains no actual dairy product in it. Everyone having a great time enjoying a delicious and nutritious meal among friends. The horror, I know.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
1692044185658.png

Beautiful.

No goopy soft serve disgorged from a smelly machine that hasn't been cleaned in six months, no dry and tasteless cone of the consistency of cheap cardboard, no toppings that have had the dirty and disgusting fingertips of a dozen people rifling through them. Everyone just enjoying the luxurious and decadent taste of homemade ice cream. The horror, I know.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
View attachment 735976

Beautiful.

No goopy soft serve disgorged from a smelly machine that hasn't been cleaned in six months, no dry and tasteless cone of the consistency of cheap cardboard, no toppings that have had the dirty and disgusting fingertips of a dozen people rifling through them. Everyone just enjoying the luxurious and decadent taste of homemade ice cream. The horror, I know.

Does that ice cream have those crumbled-up cookie things?

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
@MainDotC last seen in April, when you're back on in 5 months update us, did you ever hookup with Sheryl?
Looks like he abandoned the Lounge, he has no posts there I can find that date from after the stupid mass deletion of content from 2015 and before.

After that thread, it's understandable lol

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Looks like he abandoned the Lounge, he has no posts there I can find that date from after the stupid mass deletion of content from 2015 and before.

After that thread, it's understandable lol
The Lounge is boomerism exemplified. All that they know and once loved is in an accelerated state of decay and yet they just cannot let go. They refuse to accept any form of change and fight every attempt to progress. So they pull the ladder up behind them and let new, fresh voices and humor die on the vine while continualy promoting and reacting to essentially the same pre-approved content over and over and over again.

Useless Thread, Jiminy Cricket, and Build a city has been the past decade of the Lounge and that's just f***ing sad. Bunch of Discord nerds gatekeeping an entire community of hockey fans.

Last edited:

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
The Lounge is boomerism exemplified.
Only boomer I know of in the Lounge is my guy PanthersPens62 and he's an absolute baller.
All that they know and once loved is in an accelerated state of decay and yet they just cannot let go.
I mean, this is totally correct but what are you proposing?
They refuse to accept any form of change and fight every attempt to progress.
In general, I personally welcome change...if I like what it's becoming. Change and progress are often the same thing but not always the same.

I agree that people that reject change just because it's change and nothing else are a detriment to society.
So they pull the ladder up behind them and let new, fresh voices and humor die on the vine while continualy promoting and reacting to essentially the same pre-approved content over and over and over again.
Where and who are these new, fresh voices? I don't see anyone new coming here.

Message boards are a dying medium, no disagreement there. But some people hate Reddit (other than r/cars I don't follow it) and while there is a semi-official Lounge discord it's pretty cliquey and geared toward posters that proliferated this site between 2009 and 2016 or so. My favorite era was before that time.

What other options do we have? I'm not arguing with you, you might have some good ideas that I don't know about. I'm pleading ignorance here so I'd welcome suggestions.
Useless Thread, Jiminy Cricket, and Build a city has been the past decade of the Lounge and that's just f***ing sad. Bunch of Discord nerds gatekeeping an entire community of hockey fans.
You do understand one of the reasons why this community is the way it is, right? More than 90% of the users that once posted here regularly have either been banned or removed themselves voluntarily due to moderation and site rules.

Jiminy Cricket is f***ing stupid and not at all funny. Completely agree there. Put that account on ignore long ago. Build a city is just lolcow times infinity and honestly kind of creepy tbh.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Only boomer I know of in the Lounge is my guy PanthersPens62 and he's an absolute baller.

I mean, this is totally correct but what are you proposing?

In general, I personally welcome change...if I like what it's becoming. Change and progress are often the same thing but not always the same.

I agree that people that reject change just because it's change and nothing else are a detriment to society.

Where and who are these new, fresh voices? I don't see anyone new coming here.

Message boards are a dying medium, no disagreement there. But some people hate Reddit (other than r/cars I don't follow it) and while there is a semi-official Lounge discord it's pretty cliquey and geared toward posters that proliferated this site between 2009 and 2016 or so. My favorite era was before that time.

What other options do we have? I'm not arguing with you, you might have some good ideas that I don't know about. I'm pleading ignorance here so I'd welcome suggestions.

You do understand one of the reasons why this community is the way it is, right? More than 90% of the users that once posted here regularly have either been banned or removed themselves voluntarily due to moderation and site rules.

Jiminy Cricket is f***ing stupid and not at all funny. Completely agree there. Put that account on ignore long ago. Build a city is just lolcow times infinity and honestly kind of creepy tbh.
I may have been a lurker way back in the day and remember the Lounge being lively in the 2006-2008 range. But it's totally dead now - and yeah, this is the last message board I still frequent. All other message boards I know of are dead and supplanted by either reddit or discord.

I still don't understand the Jiminy Cricket gimmick nor his commitment to it on a completely dead forum.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
I may have been a lurker way back in the day and remember the Lounge being lively in the 2006-2008 range. But it's totally dead now - and yeah, this is the last message board I still frequent. All other message boards I know of are dead and supplanted by either reddit or discord.

I still don't understand the Jiminy Cricket gimmick nor his commitment to it on a completely dead forum.
The Lounge was legitimately awesome from 2002 until like 2006 or so, then a series of mass bannings/crackdowns occurred which resulted in posters migrating to HFBroads/hockeybroads. Regretfully, I actively participated in the bannings and did not have the courage to resign, and then I was myself purged in a way.

It came back to life around 2009, when the UT's started being numbered and posting traffic skyrocketed; there are posters here that can vouch for me when I say some of those UT's would get to 1,000 posts in less than 3 days. But most of the posters responsible for that traffic have either migrated to the Lounge Discord or have left entirely due to the constraints required when posting on this site.

Other than r/cars I f***ing hate Reddit. Discord...I have mixed feelings about.

Reactions: ACLEVERNAME

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
@TheGreenTBer - High effort posting, I always appreciate that. Never meant to pull you into this directly, you were just the last @MainDotC (noted Binghamton Sens streamer) nostalgia post before my stream of consciousness.

There are many great posters and unique, creative content thriving on this platform. OT threads on team forums are always packed and consistently 1st page threads. I do honestley believe HF has a growing base at the roots - only problem is they're still pushed to the fringe branches of the community.

The Lounge sould act as a funnel for the greater community into a single spot to have fun and express themselves. Instead 'outsider' threads/comments/perspectives are shouted down or completely ignored. TBH this really isn't a very welcoming forum for newcomers - and as I've stated it's most likely due to the 'old guard' unwilling to let the past go.

I want HF to grow and I'd like to move the Lounge forward.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad